30 replies to this topic

nor_cal_nano

nor_cal_nano

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  • Joined 23 Apr 2009
  • Las Vegas, NV

Holy purple. That looks great decko. How well did it hold up after the transfer? Did any start turning white?

@HD That's been my experience as well. I thought I read somewhere that the light was more blush the further down you go. Iono

Edited by nor_cal_nano, 12 April 2012 - 03:33 PM.

Posted Image

HecticDialectics

HecticDialectics

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 44,394 posts
  • Joined 25 Oct 2006

Holy purple. That looks great decko. How well did it hold up after the transfer? Did any start turning white?

@HD That's been my experience as well. I thought I read somewhere that the light was more blush the further down you go. Iono

Blue light penetrates deeper down. That's very different than there being MORE blue light deeper down lol. The proportion of blue light is greater, but the light definitely gets weaker, so there's actually LESS blue light, just a higher proportion of the visible light is blue.

nor_cal_nano

nor_cal_nano

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  • Joined 23 Apr 2009
  • Las Vegas, NV

Blue light penetrates deeper down. That's very different than there being MORE blue light deeper down lol. The proportion of blue light is greater, but the light definitely gets weaker, so there's actually LESS blue light, just a higher proportion of the visible light is blue.

That's exactly what I meant ^. Bad phrasing on my part.

Posted Image

Deckoz2302

Deckoz2302

Stony Reefer

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  • Joined 29 Aug 2011
  • Raleigh, North Carolina
Thanks nor Cal. And no none turned white - it just started spreading fast making me hate scraping my back wall.
Here is a picture from about a month - 2 months ago. You can see what was my sun cured rock and what was from the old tank still
Posted Image

OceanariumProject_zpsdcf024fc.jpg

chabooky386

chabooky386

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 04 Jan 2012
  • Houston

Thanks nor Cal. And no none turned white - it just started spreading fast making me hate scraping my back wall.
Here is a picture from about a month - 2 months ago. You can see what was my sun cured rock and what was from the old tank still
Posted Image

So would you suggest since I am doing mine indoors that I leave my whites on only? Or should I just leave both on?

20 gallon long tank
AI SOL's (lights)
2 Vortech MP10 wES
Aqueon 55/75 filter
Aqueon 100W heater

Started tank on 1/16/12

Deckoz2302

Deckoz2302

Stony Reefer

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  • Joined 29 Aug 2011
  • Raleigh, North Carolina
Your whites are 6500ks right? Pick up two cheapo bulbs and go all white?

OceanariumProject_zpsdcf024fc.jpg