• Picture.jpg

sublunary

sublunary

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 15 Jul 2009
  • Cranford, NJ
Nice photo! I have the same pair and I love them.

gobyguy1

gobyguy1

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 28 Mar 2012

Nice photo! I have the same pair and I love them.

Thanks, I'm not the greatest at photography, so it's great to get some feedback. I also love this pair. My cleaner shrimp always tries to jump on the goby, but he always manages to slip away.
:D

modulok

modulok

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 09 Mar 2011
I have the same pair...and the Goby FINALLY found the shrimp's burrow and paired up last Saturday. I have my macro lens ready and will take some shots to share tommorrow. Since the pairing the Goby has odd red lines under his eyes.

Does your shrimp just pick up one piece of substrate at a time? It's so funny to watch.

gobyguy1

gobyguy1

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 28 Mar 2012

I have the same pair...and the Goby FINALLY found the shrimp's burrow and paired up last Saturday. I have my macro lens ready and will take some shots to share tommorrow. Since the pairing the Goby has odd red lines under his eyes.

Does your shrimp just pick up one piece of substrate at a time? It's so funny to watch.

This is a rare shot, I almost never see the two of them together. When I first got them, I didn't see the shrimp or goby for a month, then they just popped up one day!
My shrimp usually brings out HUGE portions of sand at a time. It is very funny to watch!

NancyC

NancyC

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Joined 25 Feb 2012
  • West Covina, CA
Love that! Goby/Pistol pair is going to be one of my first additions.

modulok

modulok

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 09 Mar 2011
Here is mine.

Posted Image

A day after they paired, the Goby has looked like this...doesn't look right to me...

Posted Image

sublunary

sublunary

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 15 Jul 2009
  • Cranford, NJ
I wonder if there's some violence involved in the pairings. When I got mine, he found the shrimp immediately and disappeared for a week. When he reappeared, he had red marks that looked like scratches on the first black stripe.

Posted Image

They did heal up after a month or so, and he hasn't been injured since. All I can think of is the shrimp did something or it got scratched on the rocks somehow. Hopefully yours will heal up quickly without a problem too.

modulok

modulok

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 09 Mar 2011
yeah, probably less than a week it started to fade. It's almost completely gone now.

mike c

mike c

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • Joined 03 Apr 2011
  • Santa Barbara, CA
Whenever my pistol shrimp fires off, my wife says "the goby got pimp slapped again". lol, I think they might take a few hits in the pitch black cave.