Coral Vue Hydros

Feeding Half Black Angel

indyjaco

Hello,

For those of you with this fish, what do you feed it?

I just got mine on Tuesday night and he was eating mysis at PA. When I brought him home he hid for a while which I expected. He is grazing on my rocks, but I don't have a lot of algae growing on them. My concern is he is not looking at flakes or pellets when they are dropped in. He looks fat and healthy but this is my first angel in the 75G.

Thanks for any help.

Hello,

For those of you with this fish, what do you feed it?

I just got mine on Tuesday night and he was eating mysis at PA. When I brought him home he hid for a while which I expected. He is grazing on my rocks, but I don't have a lot of algae growing on them. My concern is he is not looking at flakes or pellets when they are dropped in. He looks fat and healthy but this is my first angel in the 75G.

Thanks for any help.

sounds like you need to feed him mysis. you might also try a product called emerald entree. it has mysis, brine etc but also has some algae and vegatable matter. i had a tang that wouldn't eat for me untill I tried emerald entree and it loved it.

Reefmaster1996
sounds like you need to feed him mysis. you might also try a product called emerald entree. it has mysis, brine etc but also has some algae and vegatable matter. i had a tang that wouldn't eat for me untill I tried emerald entree and it loved it.

It is made by San Francisco bay brand. I also recommend it.

I tried Mysis last night with no luck. I'll try again tomorrow. He is still being very shy and hasn't picked at any of the Zoa's or polyps.

Any other suggestions, he will look at mysis and flake but won't grab it. He pecked at some of the flake last night but mainly grazes.

My concern is if he never picks up flake food or whatever and eats all the algae then turns bottom up.

BustytheSnowMaam

Did you actually see him eat at PA or did they just tell you to feed him mysis?

The only things I can suggest are to keep trying different frozen prepared foods. You can try plain old brine shrimp- they're like the potato chip of the reef but at least it would be something for him. Emerald entree is a good suggestion, and Instant Ocean makes an omnivore diet that comes in little packets and doesn't have to be frozen. The other suggestion is I know PA sells Rod's Food- a blend of different seafood- which is like a gourmet meal to most reef tank inhabitants.

They said he was eating it. Lesson learned about their fish and their water smelled horrible when I got the fish home to start the acclimation process. I have some ominvor diet i was feeding but it is the small size. I'll try a couple more things tonight.

Thanks.

Archived