2 replies to this topic

Degener8

Degener8

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • Joined 20 Jan 2010
  • Fort Campbell, Kentucky

So my new build is taking my BC 29 from stock to something totally custom. Question is...

Is the bottom glass on a BC 29 tempered or not?

I have been reading about incorporating closed loops into systems and I have been tossing around ideas to get more random flow in the tank (wave makers, mp10, closed loop etc.) I am liking the idea of a closed loop using a scwd on the returns. Before i decide i need to know if the bottom glass is tempered.

Anyone ever drill the bottom before.. or cracked a bottom to know if its tempered or not?

Thanks for all replies,
Garnet

All previous tanks retired.... New project planning in progress....

BC29 not so AIO Thread
My Feedback

1oz. of research will save 1/2 this board from wrist and joint issues due to retyping this information multiple times.

Degener8

Degener8

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • Joined 20 Jan 2010
Bumpin' this q.. I am really interested in knowing if this is tempered on the bottom or plate.. Oceanic won't respond to my emails.. If no one replies I may go ahead and try drilling it before getting my new back glass.. if its tempered then I will need even more glass..LOL

BC29 not so AIO Thread
My Feedback

1oz. of research will save 1/2 this board from wrist and joint issues due to retyping this information multiple times.

Degener8

Degener8

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • Joined 20 Jan 2010
Ok finally got a reply from Brian Woodruff at Central aquatics and they do not or have ever used any tempered glass in any biocubes.

This is good news.:) on to the planning for the closed loop.

BC29 not so AIO Thread
My Feedback