Innovative Marine Aquariums

Just received my Reef Cleaners order, not amused

jefferzbooboo

jefferzbooboo

I ordered the 30 extra high Quick crew, and just received it. Before I could even get in the door, the Post Man demanded $17.45 because there was 2 packages, they photocopied the shipping slip and stuck it on the other package! After paying the Post Man, I opened the package and smelt of death and rotting. I start pulling out the bags, and low and behold there's Hermit Crabs in the box which I didn't order or want, what am I supposed to do with them now? There are plenty of snails in the box, one's I ordered and lots of different ones I didn't, none of the bags are marked what they are. Over half the bags were deflated and the paper towels were dry.

I'm very disappointed and would not recommend them to anyone.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call bs.... John does not ship on Fridays...... Sounds like you may have missed your initial delivery.

Whatever the issue. You should have reached out to John first before posting. He goes above and beyond for his customers.

I call bs.... John does not ship on Fridays...... Sounds like you may have missed your initial delivery.

Whatever the issue. You should have reached out to John first before posting. He goes above and beyond for his customers.

+1 usually the posts i see on this forum are the total opposite.. people are usually quite happy to have bonus critters :)

Perhaps it was supposed to be delivered on Friday, but you weren't around to sign for it?

This will explain why things are dead.

The package with gazillion snails arrived Friday morning. If it wasn't for my big beard and 3 wolf moon shirt, I would be defenseless agains the army of invertebrates. Every single one was captured alive. They are now all POW.

JamieSheffield

I've placed/received 3 flawless orders with John, and he is incredibly responsive to emails...not getting in touch with him first is whine-fail...

Jamie

I emailed John late saturday to make a correction to may order details and he responded back very early Sunday morning. From what others have reviewed about reefcleaners and John customer service and communication I would think anyone should feeling comfortable order from him. And if there is something wrong i'm sure if you would have contacted him, he would have made it right.

jefferzbooboo

No, I didn't miss my shipment, I was there both Friday and Saturday waiting at the mail box for the package, got my mail in hand from the Post Lady. I wouldn't have minded If I would have got a couple extra of what I ordered, but like the hermits I don't want them, what do I with them?

Here's the numbers copied on the packages:

package1.jpg

package2.jpg

I emailed John late saturday to make a correction to may order details and he responded back very early Sunday morning. From what others have reviewed about reefcleaners and John customer service and communication I would think anyone should feeling comfortable order from him. And if there is something wrong i'm sure if you would have contacted him, he would have made it right.

+1

maybe he didnt remember if he sent out your package so he printed out another copy of the slip and sent the 2nd package.

But honestly, IDK how you would get a package on monday. If he sent it out maybe on tues or wed, and it didnt get to you till monday, that's a shipping issue. I've ordered from john a few times, and i think they leave the package at the door.

Did you try to contact him before making this post? If so, the pictures of the packaging are irrelevant. All you had to do was make a quick search on this page to realize that John goes above and beyond for his customers. ABOVE and BEYOND.

I have an issue with my BRS order from the group buy and I plan to post it after the issue is resolved its not fair if you don't give the company a chance to correct the issue.

^^ Whatever the issue is, I'm sure BRS will make it right... They're a class act all the way IME.

Wait so you're complaining that you got free hermits?

Post them for free on a local forum/Craigslist or just bring them into a LFS...

Was your entire order DOA or did it just smell bad? I wouldn't exactly expect a bag of snails to smell like flowers but then again, I don't know what flowers smell like :D

Archived