My budget is $1,500CAD which is on the high scale of things since I have most of the basics already. I know everyone on nano-reef enjoys helping other people spend money and this has been my #1 source for inspiration. I've been out of the reefing loop for a while, so I'm trying to catch up on what's everyone going goo-goo-gaa-gaa over. Please feel free to offer suggestions and directions for items to look at and research upon.
Display: Current 40BR (to be cleaned up). I contemplated going with a 40long which gives a nice length for the eyes, but not much depth to play with the aquascape.
Lighting: I'm currently looking for suggestions on LED's that allow me to control the colours. I've been down the T5 lane and MH, but this is the new "Gadget" that I want to show off.
- 1 Max spec Mazarra S or P ($340/$440)
- 1 AI SOL (old version) ($430)
- 1 Aquabeam 1000 Ultra HD LED w/Control ($382)
- 1 Vertex LED Marino Biano 36" ($350)
- 2 Par 38's (but limited to colour combo) ($140ea, $280)
- 1 JBJ Unibody Dimmable 54 Watt 6500K-20000K LED Fixture ($350 USD)
Currently have a CPR ~300gph in black. Looking to get something in clear to see if there are any clog issues.
- DIY ~25-30gal (Stage 1, bubble diffuser with sock, stage 2 skimmer with output directly to return chamber, stage 3 macro section, stage 4 return). Carbon/sponge pads between baffles to reduce noise. Partial lid on inlet section to reduce bubble and salt spray.
Vortech MP10 (Have)
Return pump on SCWD x2 outlets (have)
- Standard Metal (Have)
- Custom build unit around standard frame (In design)
- RKL Basic (Have) possible expansion for Sal/pH
- Looking for something else with wifi and ph/salin monitoring already available.
- Hanna for calium
- Hanna for nitrate
- going either "eco" rock 50lb ($150)
- or local left over rock.
- SPS frags only, I will not splurge on colonies like I have done in the past.
- Zoa's for down below
A) Either 1 really amazing show fish and mostly corals
A bunch of small gobies and smaller fish for activity to keep within the nano perspective theme.
C) Predators... incl anglers and mini lions, choice for corals will depend...
Edited by FLIPbmw, 29 January 2012 - 08:14 PM.