Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

pink and green concept tank

mmcguffi

hey guys Im designing a concept tank with green coral with pink tips

so far Ive decided upon these three distantly related creatures. any other ideas?

lgphoto-232.jpg

6450696815_e0c1bcfeb2_z.jpg

kan.jpg

hmmm maybe. never really seen a green and pink frogspawn though. theyre usually a browner purple affair

My froggie is pink and green:

2HEJH.jpg

They are out there, just not as abundant as the browner purpler ones.

My phone doesn't take perfect photos, but the tips are more pink than purple.

What exactly is this? :o Sorry to derail your thread. Curiosity is killing the cat here.

Either an elegance morph, or some weird nem.

It's an elegance. You can find green frogspawn with pink/purple'ish tips pretty easily. I have a lobo that's pinkish around the edges and teal/green in the center. It's not exactly pink and green, but it's not far. It's a fairly common morph. I'm sure you can find some blastos, acans and favia that are pink'ish and green too. You may have to settle for red/green, but it should be pretty easy. Birdsnest, as mentioned above, also provide you with pink and green morph.

There are some mini-mini nems that are pink & green. Sorry,don't have a pic.

I think you need the right lighting to bring out pink colors. Stuff that's pink under T5 turns dull in my LED tank....

I think you need the right lighting to bring out pink colors. Stuff that's pink under T5 turns dull in my LED tank....

What is the color scheme of your LEDs?

Pink faded, reds turned orange, and purples became blue. Got rid of alot of CW and added violet and magenta. I have all the colors back now.

MMCGUFFI - Great idea for a color themed tank. I would be interested in following along. As brought up, proper lighting will be important to not lose the warm colors like pink.

Good Luck.

Mr. Microscope

ORA Red Planet Acro changes from green to red to pink depending on light intensity. Might be fun.

5399984126_ab50e9b7cb.jpg

6450696815_e0c1bcfeb2_z.jpg

BTW, that is a majano anemone. They are generally considered pests in the same category with aiptasia. Though, I agree they are awesome and beautiful (definitely worthy of their own biotope), you won't find them available commercially. If you stare at the rocks in a LFS long enough, you may find some as hitch hikers.

BTW, that is a majano anemone.

I know isnt it beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub:

I feed them so they divide as quickly as possible. Ive had them for 2+ months now and only one division so far :(

one is parked in the middle of a field of zoas and it doesnt make them close up even a little. talk about a bad rap for no reason

(that's my picture of one in my tank btw)

What is the color scheme of your LEDs?

Pink faded, reds turned orange, and purples became blue. Got rid of alot of CW and added violet and magenta. I have all the colors back now.

Interesting. I had 4 RB/1 CW. Just switched to 2RB/1B/1CW/1NW.

Archived