Coral Vue Hydros

Lurker's Fluval Edge Reef (Updated!)

eeksim

First off, just wanted to say thank you to all contributing members to nano-reef for the wealth on knowledge available here on this forum. I've browsed many reef forums, and find that nano-reef is informative, but still manages to be friendly.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now, quietly becoming addicted to the hobby once again. I've had a couple setups in the past, a 20g nanocube from way back when and a 90g reef setup with sump. I've been on hiatus since then. My current setup was for my, ahem, daughter. (wink)

I'm still very much an rookie reefer, still learning from friends and ya'll on here. Man alive, there are some inspiring setups on these boards.

My current setup is a mod happy fluval edge. I'm currently mid-migration so I'll be adding details later tonight, but here is my current setup FTS:

6705962535_545e1b55f8.jpg

(I'm ashamed of the current condition as i've yet to pick up a proper scraper and my mag float isn't cutting it with the coraline, so my apologies)

And moving in to this one at the moment..

6705958617_00017a9033.jpg

Moving tanks can be a little complicated from what I understand, especially this being my first time. Nonetheless here I go...

[updated 1/31/12]

I don't have the right lens a.t.m. Will try and get better pics up when I can. Between school, work and my daughter's first bday this past weekend..needless to say it's been a little nuts.

Waiting on rocks for a new rockscape, so had to make do with what I had from previous. BRS eco rox should be arriving next week.

I'm waiting to upgrade to Kessil lights. I was hoping to put a group buy together so maybe we can all get a deal.

Info for the GB post can be found here.

My frags are still recovering from the move and should hopefully do better with the new lights as well. Also plan on eventually setting up a refugium/sump as soon as that darn MAME overflow becomes available.

And i'm still a bit new to proper reefing so please excuse the lack of labels...

FTS (right before lights out)

6794230753_6344f752e7.jpg

6794234071_ce2950f2ae.jpg

6794235885_d4e2b6b7d1.jpg

6794237825_f58dc17cd6.jpg

6794239789_a28f7de459.jpg

6794241491_19cf12ceaf.jpg

You're tank looks awesome! I too have a fluval edge...but no where near what yours looks like. Just curious what you're using for lighting and waterflow? You have 2 pumps?

You're tank looks awesome! I too have a fluval edge...but no where near what yours looks like. Just curious what you're using for lighting and waterflow? You have 2 pumps?

Thanks! It was a work in progress.

I upgraded my filter to the aquaclear ac50 with the intank media basket. i'm running purigen and chemipure elite with floss for the media. It's been good to me thus far. I ran two koralia nanos. One just didn't seem to be enough flow, as i experienced many dead spots.

The lighting is the nanocustoms led kit for the fluval.

• 2 weeks later...
hello,i was wondering how long it took those babys to apear on that dendro or stony nem thing in your tank

I'd say about a month since acclimation. One appeared, then it just became an outbreak. B)

Archived