Coral Vue Hydros

Heifinator's 40g SPS Paradise

heifinator

Any idea how you got ick? Stress from the transfer? That sucked.

Didn't QT long enough is my guess. It was the most agressive ich I have ever seen. One day, all fish fine, eating healthy. Next morning all covered with white spots, when I got home from work all but 2 fish were dead, 4 hours only my goby was left, he died in the hospital tank a few days later.

Seen ich in friends tanks, experienced it many times, never seen something like that =( But I am moving on!

I have a better QT system in the works.

probably wasnt ich....maybe brooknella? sp.?? but qt the new ones and let the DT sit fallow...it will die off and then add the new fish after 8 to 10 weeks...HTH

New ATO (DIY) and BRS media reactor are hooked up.

Also, for those that care, the new red sea max tests are really nice, was amazed. Will post sump pics tomorrow!

I have a couple SPS frags and refused to buy anymore until I was sure that I had great growth, health, and Polyp Extension. I tweaked my params and equipment and feel I have a good stable system that will support a SPS heavy system now!

Photo evidence below! Comment if anything looks bad / good!

Full Sump Shot

uqwXf.jpg

Refugium with LR / no macro algae currently

qDtPz.jpg

Reactor, overflow, and filter sock

td1Gp.jpg

Blastomussa

comfD.jpg

Brown / Sage Zoas

WFqwx.jpg

Grey / Pink Zoas

cw6P8.jpg

First Acro - PE Yay!

anygQ.jpg

Purple Monti? - PE Yay!

QLq4Z.jpg

Thanks for all the help over the last few weeks all!

Wow bummer about the ich! That would be heartbreaking to lose fish you had had for so long :( I'm glad you didn't lose heart and are starting again! Will follow along!

It was pretty bad... Been through it once before a long time ago. This time was so much worse, just made me more determined lol.

Its like 7 years old, just stained. I actually had JUST cleaned it. I am going to bleach it or something so it looks white again...

• 1 month later...
heifinator

An update:

All is well, got a new midas blenny and about 6 more SPS frags in the tank.

Had a cleaner shrimp get his front claws stuck in the mouth of a hammer coral, When I pulled him out he could not use his front claws and died shortly after :(

Stupid shrimp....

I will post some pictures soon!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived