Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mike's ADA 60H (45) - Updated 2/5/2012

JNA_DESIGN

Clean looking setup! That cube is fantastic looking also

I loved the 12g tanks when I had them set-up but it wasnt really practical moving to CA from CT with them. Good luck with the CPO's (lol almost called them CPR's) You could make some decent money.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved my cherry shrimp when I had them... I thought I bought a CPO and it turned out to be a damn orange swamp crayfish... Thing was $40.... And is in a tank all by himself since he eats EVERYTHING.

Anyways was at my LFS today... Saw my weakness... and I bought him... I named him Fluffy... This would be my second one I have owned.

Oddbal13.jpg

*Not acutal picture, to lazy to upload*

So all my parameters were at 0, other then a slight tint to the nitrates but I added Purigen so hopefully it will get knocked out quick.

Anyways I added my first coral, had this bad boy siting in the 200 gallon cube for about a month waiting for my new tank... Today is the day :D

img4503d.jpg

Mr. Shrimp seems to like him.

img4504d.jpg

Now Im taking these pictures with a Canon Powershot so I cant get the real color of the coral under the LED's, I do plan on geting a DLR soon.

I dont care what people say, LED's make soft corals pop like crazy. I liked the coral under the MH in the 200 gallon but under the SOL... Its a whole new coral!!

• 1 month later...

So its been a few months since I posted anything. Guess its time for some updates =)

Been super busy with work, also bought a new motorcycle, one of my best friends got bit in the face by a copper head (2nd person in 10 years to live from a bit to the face), and of course my hands seem to reach into my tank at least for 30 min a day. Hard to find time to take photos and such, but today is slow and I decided to relax a bit and post some pictures.

First off want to apologize for the very low quality of pictures these were all taken on an iPhone, I’m planning on upgrading to a Sony Alpha 77 (soon I hope).

Front tank shot as of 11/14/2011

img0590ccr.jpg

Some of my chalices that I feed every 2 days, there is a nice watermelon off the right that I was not able to get into frame.

img0591l.jpg

Close up of some of the zoas, not too bad for an iPhone.

img0528au.jpg

img0578lo.jpg

Here you can see my watermelon which I just personally love.

img0545yas.jpg

This is a close up of my fav chalice in the tank, the bleached out spot on the right is now back to normal and is looking GREAT. I will spend hours shooting this coral once I get the Alpha 77.

img0547t.jpg

And the Only fish in the tank, and he is the LARGEST I have ever seen them. At least 4 inches long. Just got him yesterday. Doing well so far, and I add pods every week, and plan on training him on frozen. I was told he is already eating it, but haven’t seen it yet.

img0587rlz.jpg

img0592ln.jpg

A few shots of my 75 rimless Fresh, since I like to brag about my fish :lol:

img0497w.jpg

Red tail cat and to the left a Tiger Shovel Hybrid.

img0586ve.jpg

Thanks Rehype. I been doing freshwater for abour 4 years now and its not kind of taken a back seat since I have been so involved in my saltwater addiction.

I cant wait to get a new camera to take some real photos. iPhone does not do my little tank justic. There are alot of frags in this tank, but no photos worth showing.

• 1 month later...

So my borther got a Sony Alpha 65, decided that we will start heavly shooting our tanks. We are complete morons to photography and just press buttons to see what it will do. We are learning pretty quick. Here is a teaser shot of my FrogSpawn frag.

frogspawnx.jpg

So here are some shots we got, we took hundreds but these are the best ones.

Still trying to get the white balance correct but most of the shots show the true color of the coral to the human eye. Even tho some of the backgrounds are black and white :huh:

realfam.jpg

greenchal.jpg

This guy was a $5 coral due to the lack of color... Well after the photos ill let you in on my secret B)

morphl.jpg

Love this guy

truegreendot.jpg

starpops.jpg

popzoas.jpg

noseyman.jpg

nightcamo.jpg

hulk2.jpg

So I been feeding my corals once every 2 days... I blend up mysis, acrtic pods, omega and amino acids, enriched sea moneys :lol:, all kinds and size variations of photoplankton, and I also take 4 GNC multivitamin pills that are the size of inch and a half. All of my corals are responding very well to it. Also none of the coral I have cost more then $20 other then a few that I didnt photo only because Im waiting for their real colors to shine :happy:

Please any comments or questions would be appreciated.

Mike.

P.S. Might take a FTS to show off the current scape... Depends if I feel loved :D

Thanks everyone, and I will be adding a FTS and a complete new thread for my family 200 gallon cube. Hope to post everything by 6pm today if not I will have it done this time tomorrow.

fts2.jpg

Just a quick shot. Not very proud of it but it is atleast uploaded. Gunna take a night time shot once I get some things handled for work.

The manarin is doing awesome. Took me alot of work to figure out how to feed him... Even tried sticking snails in food and letting him pick the food off the snails since he is so picky. I eventually adopted the dinner method and use a glass jar. That works very well and he was geting to the point that he was so skinny that I was gunna throw him into the 200 gallon but once he learned to go IN the jar his belly is starting to plump right back up. Been feeding him well for about a week and he is looking great and I no longer feel like Im starving him :happy: even tho I would add a thing of live pods every week...

And this FTS shot is ugly so I will be uploading a new one by tonight.

The manarin is doing awesome. Took me alot of work to figure out how to feed him... Even tried sticking snails in food and letting him pick the food off the snails since he is so picky. I eventually adopted the dinner method and use a glass jar. That works very well and he was geting to the point that he was so skinny that I was gunna throw him into the 200 gallon but once he learned to go IN the jar his belly is starting to plump right back up. Been feeding him well for about a week and he is looking great and I no longer feel like Im starving him :happy: even tho I would add a thing of live pods every week...

And this FTS shot is ugly so I will be uploading a new one by tonight.

I fail to keep mandarin. Quite surprise that they eat alot. I train them to eat frozen food and brine shrimp. Another half year later he die and stack in a rock with a hole on his stomach. This is disgusting. If you got the chance to go to my LFS, you can see all starving mandarin swimming here and there and die slowly.

• 2 weeks later...

New Pictures. I will take night shots eventually, been busy ;)

officeo.jpg

ftsb.jpg

topfts.jpg

weirdmilli.jpg

noseytracy.jpg

greenranchal.jpg

noseymanny.jpg

ledzoa.jpg

mummyeye.jpg

wtfir.jpg

redbirdx.jpg

runriver.jpg

tracyi.jpg

watchingu.jpg

zoamandy.jpg

waterhs.jpg

Love this shot.

mummychalice.jpg

I love the ADA's. Great work on your tank. Do you have any more info on the dinner method of feeding your mandarin?

Thanks. And the "dinner method" is just simply put a jar in your tank so that the food will stay still while they pick at it. They seem to like to stare at their food before they take a bite so I decided to put a jar so he can enjoy his "dinner" :) Works well for me.

This is an awesome tank! I have been wanting to set up an ada tank so bad lately but I can't make up my mind on what size ada I want. I really like the long shallow look of the 60-F but now that I see your tank I really like the dimensions of this tank as well. You have some pretty cool tanks man.

Thanks JG. Honestly after seeing Rehypes shallow I was dead set on getting a shallow ADA and I just ended up with this one... I love this tank, but I still want a shallow just to have that out of my system :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived