40 replies to this topic

TILTON

TILTON

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined 19 Mar 2011
  • Whiteman AFB Missouri

I am almost ready to buy my first corals. I am going to get a few frags of different zoas. I was wondering what you guys think are the best sites to buy from. Does not necessarily have to be the cheapest. I am going to get some rics too, any suggestions on a good site for those too please.

The usual "rare" ones. PPE, purple death, darth maul, jokers, Red and purple hornets ect. ect.

reefer38

reefer38

Teen Aquarist

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Joined 12 Oct 2010
  • Southern Maryland

I am almost ready to buy my first corals. I am going to get a few frags of different zoas. I was wondering what you guys think are the best sites to buy from. Does not necessarily have to be the cheapest. I am going to get some rics too, any suggestions on a good site for those too please.

The usual "rare" ones. PPE, purple death, darth maul, jokers, Red and purple hornets ect. ect.

thats kind of an oxymoron isnt it? lol
i would just say to keep your eye on the divers den.

mmcguffi

mmcguffi

meow mixer

• Members
  • 3,403 posts
  • Joined 16 Jan 2011
  • Ann Arbor MI
http://www.coralmorphologic.com/

Theyre pretty great for rics. Theyve got some cool zoas from time to time too

TILTON

TILTON

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined 19 Mar 2011
  • Whiteman AFB Missouri

thats kind of an oxymoron isnt it? lol
i would just say to keep your eye on the divers den.

Haha, yeah I guess you are right. I am new to this, but they seem more common, just more expensive. But I must say that I like them. So divers den is good? Just looking for multiple suggestions. Based on how well they ship them to you, or how nice they look, or how many you get.

Kazooie

Kazooie

Sing to me now, my angel of music

• Members
  • 8,436 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2010
  • This Place
First coral being a rare one? :rolleyes:

If you were into the puberty phase, you'd be a ####ing neckbeard. Get out of here you ####ing tween #### ##### ass mother####er stupid ##### bastard ####er chicken leg pride rally supporter. Get out of here with your poverty opinions you ####ing ice cream sandwich stupid #### ##### alter ego reported for harassing me and I messaged the FBI and I left Obama a voicemail and wrote a postcard to your parents.
Enjoy not posting you giant neckbeard looooser.

Do you even logic?

thanks jen. i have him on ignore so i don't get sick whenever he's craving attention. kazooie, to be honest the world would be better off without you and your parents will actually be happy when they discover you lifeless in the bathtub with slit wrists. HTH

0823angeles

0823angeles

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 30 Oct 2007
I would say that you check out your local reefers to see if they are selling any of their stuff usually a lot cheaper that way but you get high end corals for decent prices.

-Angeles

TILTON

TILTON

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined 19 Mar 2011
  • Whiteman AFB Missouri

First coral being a rare one? :rolleyes:

I am confident though B)

Grimmpls

Grimmpls

Reefer.

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 11 Nov 2010
  • Boulder, CO
go to reef odyssey they have lots of sick zoas and rics. I love there acans. http://www.reefodyssey.com/

Reefin ain't easy but it's necessary

TILTON

TILTON

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined 19 Mar 2011
  • Whiteman AFB Missouri

I would say that you check out your local reefers to see if they are selling any of their stuff usually a lot cheaper that way but you get high end corals for decent prices.

-Angeles

It is a little hard living in Missouri though

henryfdez

henryfdez

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 22 Feb 2011
  • Puerto Rico
I wouldnt trust the Divers Den too much. They have false advertising on several corals. Plus, they ask for waaaay too much money for their pieces. For example. Look at these they have right now..they are selling them as PPEs for $100 when they clearly arent. True PPEs have the green skirt.

http://www.liveaquar...amp;ddid=114537
"Try to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."

Posted Image

0823angeles

0823angeles

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 30 Oct 2007
Good point Im well ive never bought from them boughat, sexy coral, aqua sd, mr. coral, reef gardener.. Some to name a few. That was a fast response.... But check out the livestock section people sell high end stuff there from time to time.

-Angeles

TILTON

TILTON

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined 19 Mar 2011
  • Whiteman AFB Missouri

go to reef odyssey they have lots of sick zoas and rics. I love there acans. http://www.reefodyssey.com/

This web site at www.reefodyssey.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

:lol:

I wouldnt trust the Divers Den too much. They have false advertising on several corals. Plus, they ask for waaaay too much money for their pieces. For example. Look at these they have right now..they are selling them as PPEs for $100 when they clearly arent. True PPEs have the green skirt.

http://www.liveaquar...amp;ddid=114537

Nice catch ;) I would not want to buy a whole rock of them either. I just want a couple polys of each

Grimmpls

Grimmpls

Reefer.

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 11 Nov 2010
  • Boulder, CO

This web site at www.reefodyssey.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

:lol:

Ya my computer did that #### too. This is new and never happened before because im always on this site. there facebook page said something about trying to get a new website.

TILTON

TILTON

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined 19 Mar 2011
  • Whiteman AFB Missouri

Ya my computer did that #### too. This is new and never happened before because im always on this site. there facebook page said something about trying to get a new website.

That was the first time my internet ever blocked a site and said that

Grimmpls

Grimmpls

Reefer.

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 11 Nov 2010
  • Boulder, CO

That was the first time my internet ever blocked a site and said that

weird. well i just turned my blocker off. Im looking at his rics and there are some nice frags. I hope my computer does not blow up fingerscrossed

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California
+1 for coralmorphologic.com and reefodyssey.com, also, check out the classifieds here on N-R

55gal: Reef - 10g: Leaffish Macro-Algae Tank - 3g: Pico Reef - 1.6g: Mini Macro Tank

I swear yoshii you turn every thread into a chat box lol!!!

Lack of research is the biggest down fall of people in this hobby.

TILTON

TILTON

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined 19 Mar 2011
  • Whiteman AFB Missouri

weird. well i just turned my blocker off. Im looking at his rics and there are some nice frags. I hope my computer does not blow up fingerscrossed

:slap: HAHA

+1 for coralmorphologic.com and reefodyssey.com, also, check out the classifieds here on N-R

I just checked put coralmorphologic and I like their rics, but I did not see many zoas

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California

I just checked put coralmorphologic and I like their rics, but I did not see many zoas

Yeah, I think they have more rics but they get in some pretty cool zoas sometimes

55gal: Reef - 10g: Leaffish Macro-Algae Tank - 3g: Pico Reef - 1.6g: Mini Macro Tank

I swear yoshii you turn every thread into a chat box lol!!!

Lack of research is the biggest down fall of people in this hobby.

moto826

moto826

z&p collector

• Members
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined 16 Feb 2009
  • olympia wa
i would buy from private sellers for a better deal

TILTON

TILTON

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined 19 Mar 2011
  • Whiteman AFB Missouri

i would buy from private sellers for a better deal

I probably will, but when you do that you have to wait on availability and keep coming back and checking the boards, and who knows when a certain polyp will appear at 4 in the morning and sell in five minutes. I really want to be able to do a big purchase, when I want, with the ones I want.

Kazooie

Kazooie

• Members
  • 8,436 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2010
  • This Place
If I were you, I would get a couple easy, cheapo frags first. Then get the nicer one's when you get the hang of keeping others alive. After all, it would suck to lose $300 worth of polyps to a newbie mistake. Just my opinion though.

If you were into the puberty phase, you'd be a ####ing neckbeard. Get out of here you ####ing tween #### ##### ass mother####er stupid ##### bastard ####er chicken leg pride rally supporter. Get out of here with your poverty opinions you ####ing ice cream sandwich stupid #### ##### alter ego reported for harassing me and I messaged the FBI and I left Obama a voicemail and wrote a postcard to your parents.

Do you even logic?

thanks jen. i have him on ignore so i don't get sick whenever he's craving attention. kazooie, to be honest the world would be better off without you and your parents will actually be happy when they discover you lifeless in the bathtub with slit wrists. HTH

Lawnman

Lawnman

LPS Aficionado

• Members
  • 19,385 posts
  • Joined 27 May 2009
  • 39* 46' 5" N / 86* 9' 29" W
I have red blue and purple hornets if interested pm me.

sand is a litter pan <_<

TILTON

TILTON

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined 19 Mar 2011
  • Whiteman AFB Missouri

If I were you, I would get a couple easy, cheapo frags first. Then get the nicer one's when you get the hang of keeping others alive. After all, it would suck to lose $300 worth of polyps to a newbie mistake. Just my opinion though.

Aren't they pretty easy to take care of though? Get em, Dip em, and place them? I know I am new, but I got a good setup and will be making sure I do my routine maintenance. Thank you for your concern though.

I have red blue and purple hornets if interested pm me.

PM sent, I aked Lawnman this but I will ask on here too. I live on an Airforce base and it takes a little longer to get deliveries. How would I go about making sure I get live items in a day? Make the post of my shipping address for live things? Ask the post office, in the town nearby, if they can hold onto them for me?

Kazooie

Kazooie

• Members
  • 8,436 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2010
  • This Place

Aren't they pretty easy to take care of though? Get em, Dip em, and place them? I know I am new, but I got a good setup and will be making sure I do my routine maintenance. Thank you for your concern though.

Some are a lot "touchier" than others. Like I said, I would wait and get a little bit more experience with expensive ones. :)

Do you even logic?

Psychosis

Psychosis

Pragmatism > Minimalism

• Members
  • 6,050 posts
  • Joined 01 Mar 2008
  • Thornton, CO
Just remember, there are a ton of colorful zoas and palys that don't have names. Really hard to go wrong, unless you get brown on brown palys that take over. If you have a lfs, id try that first.

Sig-1_zps8ba86648.jpg

^ It's now click-able. Awh yea.

Lawnman, on 31 Mar 2013 - 15:31, said:

Where is psycho at today? I need to read some of his awesome ramblings.