Top Shelf Aquatics

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cause i hear cleaner shrimp always for no apparent reason. wondering if my peps died of old age, had them for 3 months and got them pretty big.

altolamprologus
cause i hear cleaner shrimp always for no apparent reason. wondering if my peps died of old age, had them for 3 months and got them pretty big.

i did some research after i got them and they only live 1-2 years max. so if you got yours when they were already around the 1 year mark, then it is possible that they died of old age

i also read that they can die sooner if they molt too often, but i'm not sure if that's true or not

altolamprologus
ok then...i'm not buying cleaners again.

if you buy the smallest you can find, you should be able to keep them for over a year

darn, i really wanted those yellow rice crispies....

:P

i've had them for about 3-4 months and i assume they were less than 6 months old when i bought them because they were quite small, so around 8 months to a year would be my non-expert guess

I've had mine for a little over 2 years I think, and it's only about 1/2 full size

altolamprologus
I've had mine for a little over 2 years I think, and it's only about 1/2 full size

hmmm...maybe they can live longer than people think

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
altolamprologus

NEW STUFFS:

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

My brother bought me this for my birthday :)

IMG_1055.jpg

Being stalked by a cleaner shrimp desperate for a client

Nice feather duster :D

Coralline looks like it's growing good!

I hope I can get you a (healthy) b-day present soon! fingerscrosses

Hey squared what happend to your harlequin shrimp? I have one in my tank and I love him by far the coolest invert you can buy. I love watching him use his front flat fins to glide around the tank like a helicopter...

altolamprologus
Nice feather duster :D

Coralline looks like it's growing good!

I hope I can get you a (healthy) b-day present soon! fingerscrosses

i want to get another feather duster that is a different color so they contrast. that calls for a trip to aquarium concepts!! :D

that coralline only looks that good on 2 rocks and only because i bought them with a lot of coralline already. it is growing on the other rocks though (but not as fast as its growing on the glass <_< )

i hope i get it soon too! my clown is so lonely...at least he's no longer the only fish in the tank :lol:

oh, and before i get yelled at, no pics of nuclear green because it didn't open fully before the lights went off

i want to get another feather duster that is a different color so they contrast. that calls for a trip to aquarium concepts!! :D

that coralline only looks that good on 2 rocks and only because i bought them with a lot of coralline already. it is growing on the other rocks though (but not as fast as its growing on the glass <_< )

i hope i get it soon too! my clown is so lonely...at least he's no longer the only fish in the tank :lol:

oh, and before i get yelled at, no pics of nuclear green because it didn't open fully before the lights went off

I thought your other one was purple?

When you go, can I come? :D (If it's ok with your mom)

Hopefully soon! You don't have a quarantine set up right now though do you?

Lol I forgot about the nuclear greens

altolamprologus
I thought your other one was purple?

When you go, can I come? :D (If it's ok with your mom)

Hopefully soon! You don't have a quarantine set up right now though do you?

Lol I forgot about the nuclear greens

i only have 1 feather duster (well, except for al the small ones)

and of course you can come :)

nope, no quarantine. it didn't work out too well for me last time...

i only have 1 feather duster (well, except for al the small ones)

and of course you can come :)

nope, no quarantine. it didn't work out too well for me last time...

That's the "purple" one? wow what kind of light was it under? that doesn't look purple at all!

:D yay! thanks!

Want me to quarantine it for you?

altolamprologus

it looks more purple in the store because of lower lighting. its mostly yellow with purple/magenta stripes

and yes definitely quarantine it for me. i am having major issues with fish right now. black clown is still doing great though, thankfully

it looks more purple in the store because of lower lighting. its mostly yellow with purple/magenta stripes

and yes definitely quarantine it for me. i am having major issues with fish right now. black clown is still doing great though, thankfully

Well that stinks <_<

:o something wrong with the firefish?

altolamprologus
Well that stinks <_<

:o something wrong with the firefish?

i take it you didn't read the thread i made...he's dying, laying on his side breathing hard and he doesn't care when something touches him. he was eating yesterday and swimming around just minutes before he went down to the bottom. i'm so done with wild-caught fish. this crap happens every time

i take it you didn't read the thread i made...he's dying, laying on his side breathing hard and he doesn't care when something touches him. he was eating yesterday and swimming around just minutes before he went down to the bottom. i'm so done with wild-caught fish. this crap happens every time

Yeah I just got on a little while ago, I didn't see it

That's so sad! :tears: It was fine at the store for those weeks :( I'm sorry

At least the clown is ok, and hopefully your soon-new clown will be too

altolamprologus
Yeah I just got on a little while ago, I didn't see it

That's so sad! :tears: It was fine at the store for those weeks :( I'm sorry

At least the clown is ok, and hopefully your soon-new clown will be too

i don't even get why wild-caught fish never live for me. my tank params are perfect, i even got them checked at Neptune. and the clown has been healthy and thriving from day one and i've had him for almost 2 months now, but other fish die almost immediately. its extremely frustrating

That really sucks. Might you consider euthanizing it?

the only form of euthanization i have is the toilet, which isn't all that humane. and i have had fish (not SW though) that have come back from the brink of death on their own so i'm hesitant about killing him

Archived