Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

March 2011 - AJ_Tsin

Christopher Marks

Ya finally. Well deserved. One of my favorite tanks in the world.
jaw dropping! congrats!
Finally!

tank is outrageous AJ

Thanks everyone. Seems like only a few days ago you were on the front page ReefRook. Glad to be included in a list of such awesome setups.

Good Morning!

FIrst Congratualtions! Seeing your tank makes me look forward to continue this hobby for a lifetime.

I have a 12 Gallon JBJ Nano currently with clowns, mushroom corals and a HUGE green Star Polyp.

Should I be supplementing Mg and Strontium and, well...exactly what are they for?

Frikin Amazing! Great AquaScape!! congrats
Congratulations! Superior open aquascaping!

Thanks guys. Glad you like the scape. Thats definitely my favorite part of setting up a system.

Good Morning!

FIrst Congratualtions! Seeing your tank makes me look forward to continue this hobby for a lifetime.

I have a 12 Gallon JBJ Nano currently with clowns, mushroom corals and a HUGE green Star Polyp.

Should I be supplementing Mg and Strontium and, well...exactly what are they for?

Thanks Thom, Mg is pretty important for general coral health but if you keep up with regular water changes your Mg should stay pretty level.

As far as Strontium goes. I barely dose it, maybe a capful a week I could probably stop all together to tell you the truth.

Insane. That tank looks much bigger than it actually is, I would have guessed 150g cube. IMHO it looked better with the halide, but that's just me. That shimmer in the video is awesome.

Insane. That tank looks much bigger than it actually is, I would have guessed 150g cube. IMHO it looked better with the halide, but that's just me. That shimmer in the video is awesome.

Thanks dude. I agree it does look bigger. It is because theres a bit of a Bonsai effect going on I think. The open sand-bed also does a lot to make the tank look larger than it actually is.

Because my water surface is moving around soo much there actually is still a bit of a shimmer effect with the T5's as well. The halide did have many pros but in person this new ATI light looks 100 times better. The color looks nicer and there are less brown shadowy portions on my sps.

Also the housing is soo sleek in these Powermodule fixtures.

Photos and especially the video are outstanding. Tank is just so clean, in design as well as literally clean.

Is the surface movement just from the sump return, or was there a pump there?

congrats man! youre tank is truly an inspiration!

Thanks!

Photos and especially the video are outstanding. Tank is just so clean, in design as well as literally clean.

Is the surface movement just from the sump return, or was there a pump there?

Thankyou Jestep, I appreciate the compliments. I do indeed try and keep the tank pretty clean, but honestly a good setup is really all you need with diligent water changes.

As far as surface movement goes: I have two return lines which each have Y connectors at the end amounting to 4 return spouts. That keeps the surface pretty choppy. Then I have an MP-10 in short pulse mode creating the wave motion. There is also a nano Koralia in the back right corner only because my rock work has a tendency to create a large dead spot in the back corner even with the MP-10 and the returns.

congrats on TOTM!

Awesome shallow reef, what is the tang or angel fish in the video?

Thanks both of you. The tang in the video is a Chevron tang

• 2 weeks later...

Archived