Coral Vue Hydros

Discontinued

johnmaloney

If you want mini brittle stars just go buy some live rock, all my rock came with a few on each piece, every time I look in the tank no matter where I look I see one.

maybe that is what i will do. the problem with small oddballs is i only get a few here and there and i dont take pictures. a pack i might take pictures of, i did have bristle worms for free for a month or so, only one person took me up on it. WOuld be fine for other things though...remember planaxis snails?

maybe that is what i will do. the problem with small oddballs is i only get a few here and there and i dont take pictures. a pack i might take pictures of, i did have bristle worms for free for a month or so, only one person took me up on it. WOuld be fine for other things though...remember planaxis snails?

I don't need pictures, I trust ya, just give me a price and an order code via pm

Porcelains, brittle stars, bristle worms, spaghetti worms... Exactly what I'm looking for as soon as my tank is done cycling!! Put me on the list for an oddball pack- I've got a 75RR and 25 gallon fuge to fill up- starting with dry rock, so I'd like those little critters.

c est ma had a lot of good posts/threads.

I know.. I miss her - she always had great advice and could identify anything you threw at her.

my kind of guy :) Ok I will let you know

Yeah, I'm not kidding. I've been trying to get my local shop to get me some brittles, spaghetti, bristles etc and no luck. Closest I got was one of the employees was going to bring me a cup of sand from his tank, never happened. I got my kid interested in bristles, and now she's asking me about it every day! :D

probably not going to happen guys. i can get a cuc for a 250 in the same time it would take for to target collect a small microfauna package as it turns out. So unless you were looking to drop $150 on a CUC that wont get your tank clean, I think we will stick to the basics lol.. sorry guys!

there is a guy in Aquabid that seems to find all sorts of weird stuff from FL. His auctions are like 95% of all auctions on the coral/inverts area.

i have those items in stock, they were looking for peanut worms, hair worms etc...it isn't a matter of finding them, it is a matter of sifting them out of the sand and leaving the protected sand but keeping them. My problem is the netting I use to sift it designed to hold in snails, rather than hair worms and the like.

i have those items in stock, they were looking for peanut worms, hair worms etc...it isn't a matter of finding them, it is a matter of sifting them out of the sand and leaving the protected sand but keeping them. My problem is the netting I use to sift it designed to hold in snails, rather than hair worms and the like.

I know John I didn't implied that you could not deliver but if you were out of stock or else i just pointed out other places to look for it. Anyhow good luck! I’m lucky my sand it's older than my tanks and that I got a few hitchhikers worms and stars. I think a lot of people here lack these organisms because they choose to start with bare sand.

we generally keep a good supply of ceriths and hermits and the like on hand, but it is good to let the members know there are other options than us and I appreciate it.

yeah i have always got them that way too, they come in on plugs and other things you add to the tank and after a few months it is populated as long as nothing is there feeding on them.

I guess I may have missed out on some of the cool stuff you have John. But then I'm "saving myself" for my next trip to the Keys. I've travelled to a lot of places, but Tom's is the first place I knew I'd be going back again and again to. I wonder if he'd sell me a timeshare? My list is getting pretty long of the things I'm looking for. Maybe more esoteric and eccentric as I get older, but looking for something not everyone is doing (besides buying high-end chalices) is a part of the human condition for some I guess.

I did finally find an "anemone guru", not locally but one who knows Caribbean species better than anyone I've heard. When you see their publication list and it is all about anemones you feel pretty sure you've found the right place. I haven't "come out of the closet" as an aquarist yet though, as the tone of some of her writing indicates that she gives them short shrift.

John, in your opinion, what is the most commonly kept anemone? According to some I've read, the curlyque is the one! Is that an old statistic or do I just not get around the right aqua circles?

out of the carrib? condys for sure, (i think at least) they list all the catch totals at FWC, I think it is called the institute of something or other under fwc that actually publishes it, but they give a list of everything caught in fl waters. Condys are up there, rics are of course the most popular of those type of animals, and zoas make a good showing too. I didnt know people still bought curliques....they are certainly common enough to believe the stat though...

animalmaster6

John can you get spaghetti worms? Another site has them but that's all I really want so shipping would be a pain. I know I'm ordering my cuc from you is there any chance I can have some spaghetti worms added for an added price?

not the small ones, not without considerable expense they are very time consuming to sift out unfortunately. maybe when i can devise a better mousetrap. sorry about that. the micro stars are around still, we got a new batch, i think they all sold out by now though...

need flat tunicates? those i have, taking over my halimeda, they look cool though so i haven't made an issue about it.

Got any special tricks with tunicates? I think they are beautiful (well, most of them) but they always decline and die in my tanks. I find it very difficult to believe my water is too clean for them. :lol:

I'm contemplating a mangrove swamp in a shallow 20 and the tunicates would be a nice addition but the thought of you going to the trouble of collecting them, me paying for them , and them dying is not my preferred chain of events. :P

well these are already in the tank, i can sub them for anyone really for a penny algae who is interested. flat tunicates are a little different i think, they seem to stay around longer than regular tunicates, they are not the larger impressive ones. I think most people with LR have some in there tank already.

Archived