Cultivated Reef

Ralph's Painted Angler Cube

NirvanaandTool

NirvanaandTool

Oh ok, misunderstood ya. Just angler OR scorp. Don't put them together. Dont trust an angler with a scorp, venomous spines are no deterence to those gluttons. I swear I saw my angler eyeing up the redfin a few times since their tanks are next to each other :scarry:

I feed silversides, jumbo mysis (PE or Hikari Jumbo), and then lots of seafood from the supermarket - shrimp, clams, squid, scallops, salmon, cod, tuna, etc. Whatever I eat for dinner, I just cut a raw piece off and chop it up for the fish. Keep the food around eye size for the scorpions (if you go angler, you can make it bigger as they have huge mouths). I'd say I feed these foods more than silversides and mysis now. I just soak them in Selcon so they get some good fatty acids with it too.

Yea those 3 work. Here's some other options.

Paracentropogon longispinus

Sebastapistes cyanostigma

Sebastapistes strongia

You could probably do a leaf scorp or redfin and a small scorp like the cyanostigma or strongia. Just mind the size differential - leafs have larger mouths than the others so make sure they are similarly sized.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llama roadkill
Oh ok, misunderstood ya. Just angler OR scorp. Don't put them together. Dont trust an angler with a scorp, venomous spines are no deterence to those gluttons. I swear I saw my angler eyeing up the redfin a few times since their tanks are next to each other :scarry:

I feed silversides, jumbo mysis (PE or Hikari Jumbo), and then lots of seafood from the supermarket - shrimp, clams, squid, scallops, salmon, cod, tuna, etc. Whatever I eat for dinner, I just cut a raw piece off and chop it up for the fish. Keep the food around eye size for the scorpions (if you go angler, you can make it bigger as they have huge mouths). I'd say I feed these foods more than silversides and mysis now. I just soak them in Selcon so they get some good fatty acids with it too.

Yea those 3 work. Here's some other options.

Paracentropogon longispinus

Sebastapistes cyanostigma

Sebastapistes strongia

You could probably do a leaf scorp or redfin and a small scorp like the cyanostigma or strongia. Just mind the size differential - leafs have larger mouths than the others so make sure they are similarly sized.

I'll sure to feed it a good variety of seafoods IF I get one, but I probably will. My other idea for the refugium was a Psuedochromis, but lets think. Extreme predator that can eat things larger than it can or a small fish that hides in a rock. Need I answer?

I like those 3, but I'm looking more into common ones like Leafs and Redfins for Scorps and Wartys for Anglers, however the Wispy is awesome and I'll look into it.

I think I'll play it safe and keep one. I can only imagine how bad it would be if one venomous fish ate another. :scarry:

NirvanaandTool

Haha you know what my vote is for.

Honestly, I'd get whatever you can find at your LFS unless you are going to DD it. Redfins and leafs are the most common but my LFS has been getting wispy's and cockatoo's from Quality Marine every now and then.

Archived