Pod Your Reef

Louisville area?

Coastie

There southern Indiana members of the club. I just started the club to meet other hobbyist and share and help each other.

I am watching a members 400 gallon reef system while he is away for Christmas. He knows I will take good care of his system.

You can join our Facebook group and work on starting an Evansville club I am sure their are others that would love to share and enjoy the hobby with you.

I could if I used Facebook, but I don't and have no desire to do so......

Too much drama

As a matter of fact, I am past president of the E'ville Aquarium Society (since long gone), for 2 years. This was back in the '70s. Back then, we had about 4 dealers that was very supportive of the club, which helped in a big way. Especially for door prizes that members enjoyed on a monthly basis. We even had a member that did sign language to our members that were hard of hearing. Went on field trips and even put on an annual fish show at one of the malls. The mall owners told us our show was one the biggest draws of the year as far as bringing in people and shoppers.

But after doing this for a couple of years, I was getting tired and a club is only as good as its' membership and only a couple of folks were willing to step in as officers. It wasn't long after that it was disbanded.

Understand that. I use Facebook for family and to keep in touch with all my friends in the marine hobby after all these years. I attended MACNA since #3 and have made many friends and we have wonderful discussions with each other on facebook pages. That only we know about so we can carry on with discussions we have started at a MACNA.:) You are always welcome down here in Louisville. :)

Archived