ReefCleaners.org

No more Mr. Mantis

moose12

Here are some shots of a pink smasher that I finally caught today. No more worrying about sneak attacks on my hand when I foolishly move rock around. I wish I had a home for it, but I wasn't going to pass up a rare opportunity to finally catch it.

Full Body

full_size_mantis.jpg

Head Shot

head_shot_mantis.jpg

he was just doing his job. poor mantis. if you put something in the classified, lots of people want mantis.

ive given some away in la.

complements of gil: you know the rule here, you kill it, you cook and eat it.

unsped,

I agree, and I actually had a 3-gallon bucket with a heater and two airstones but the shrimp didn't make it. But he already did his job on about 6 hermits, 1 peppermint shrimp and 1 emerald crab.

Next time I'll fire up the grill............

Would have given you $20 and shipping costs for him.

Glad you got him out though. My green smasher is smaller but can still be a terror. Fortunately he's in his own 5.5G with nothing but the occasional hermit, bristle worm, or feeder shrimp. :)

Crak, payback was very tempting. I would've done that if I'd had anything to feed it to. I lost all my fish, two cleaners and two corals Tuesday morning b/c of a pH crash overnight.

AnthonyNguyen

that sound quite weird, grr..dont you know that manstis is expensive??? why did you post?? i would pay atleast 30 buck's for it. and is it a spear mantis only eat fish?? i being looking at that manstis for a long time, and they always out of order..grrr...i have other kind of mantis acting strange, acting like a dog. he not even mean to the lil blue leg crab's that i brought for food. is there any more infomation that i need to know ..or how to make my manstis turn into a mean mean dude , instead of a lil dog?? i kept my water at 1.022-1.023. and being having him for the last 4 months. thanks for any imformation!

Archived