Coral Vue Hydros

Mener77's 30g Breeder

mener77

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent updated for a while. I had a baby on the way, so i have been busy preparing. She was born on Aug 3, Beautiful and Health :)

with the little time i get for myself, im hoping i can focus on the tank.
I picked up a few new toys

AZOO TWIN COOLING FANS ( we had a heat wave a few weeks back and the fans helped)
GEO KALKWASSER REACTOR ( i purchased this last week, got a good deal on it)

Haven't pick up any new coral but a frag of Green Duncan. Started with one head, two more have grown.

Im not happy with the aquascape, i moved stuff around to catch the blue damsel i had in the tank.
I pick up two 3 stripe maroon clown fish. I feel in love with one of them because the stripe at the end by the tail is not complete. i thought that was cool. I'll try to post a picture of it when i get a chance.

Here some pics
post-32904-1313548401_thumb.jpg
post-32904-1313548407_thumb.jpg
post-32904-1313548413_thumb.jpg
post-32904-1313548420_thumb.jpg

Made a cover for my DIY PVC overflow, gave the tank a cleaner look. Might make something for the seaswirl.

Also took a pic of my fish

overflowtop.jpg

FrontShot.jpg

twofish.jpg

A few updates,
I was looking at the tank and saying to myself "what can i do to streamline this tank more"
I decided to move MP10 to the other side of the tank, that way the cable wont be visible as much.
Removed the Koralina Nano, it is not needed now and less clutter.
i felt the fan i have on the stand needed to go also but i still needed something to help cool the tank.
So when i was at petco i found one of those Zoo Med cooling fan that hang on the side of the tank.
I removed the Directional Nozzle it had. It restricted the air flow, works better with out it.
Also redid the plumbing, removed the black tubing that goes from mag 5 to seaswirl and used 1/2 pvc. Added a Check valve
And i pick up a Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp.

2c423754.jpg

2f58c828.jpg
0541263d.jpg970456f6.jpg

Your Maroon Clowns are beautiful and I like the layout you have in your tank. I'm interested in a little more detail on how your sump is setup. I'm looking to make it more streamlined and simple, but keep my parameters in check.

Looks awesome! Great build!

Thanks, JoelRHale

Your Maroon Clowns are beautiful and I like the layout you have in your tank. I'm interested in a little more detail on how your sump is setup. I'm looking to make it more streamlined and simple, but keep my parameters in check.

Thanks, Vaporlock2 . This is how my sump is set up. my only regret is that i made the sump to fit only a Tunze Skimmer 9002. I will be upgrading my skimmer, so i will need to modify the sump.

Sup.jpg

Awesome pics man the clown and shrimp shots are killer. I also really love how neat your sump is.

Thanks Rehype, It's not as easy to take good pic as i thought but i try :)

• 1 month later...
Nice lookin tank

Thank you, i have a few updates

I removed the Zoo Med Fan, it was kind of loud.

Picked up some type of Favia, dont know the name of it.

046e8de9.jpg

Also purchased a SWC 120 skimmer today, cant wait for it to get here and hook it up ;)

Here a pic of the top view

5f35d0b0.jpg

Congrats on the new skimmer i have one too and its a beast.

Tank still looks great BTW

thanks, rehype

I went with the SWC 120 but i have to say i almost bought the SWC150 BMK. its a few bucks cheaper, better pump and bigger. it a great deal But i thought to would be a overkill.

im upgrading skimmer because i would like to feed my corals alot more.

• 2 months later...

i haven't updated for awhile, been busy with the holidays.
Well, SWC 120 is working great, very impressed. i got to say this thing is quite.

Also added a few corals

my first SPS, i was told it a Pink bird nest.
post-32904-1325015429_thumb.jpg

i also got a few brain coral. i fiance bought them for me. she got three for the price of one. one i good shape and the other two weren't.
she knows i like to purchase corals that are not i the best condition. i enjoy knowing im saving a coral and you get them for a great price :)

a few update pics

Windowshot.jpg
ClownShot.jpg

Wow looks great mener!

Thanks, Rehype. i really happy with the tank right now. I feel the tank has benefited from the skimmer upgrade.

waooo the clown fish is just awesome in that pic

Thanks R33 GTR, i have other one but it's kinda shy :happy:

have you encounter problems with them getting sand in the corals or getting agressive with other fish

they kick up as much sand as any other fish. i read that they are aggressive but i had strawberry pseudo and it use to bully the maroon. So i decide to get rid of the pseudo and add other maroon to make the pair.

• 3 months later...

Your builds for this tank is over beyond! Good write up! How did you made a cover for that overflow. Seem very interesting!

Your builds for this tank is over beyond! Good write up! How did you made a cover for that overflow. Seem very interesting!

Thank you

a snail fell in my overflow, luckily i was home when it happen.

That's how i got the idea to make a cover.

Here's a Ghetto Blue Print of the Overflow is made.

post-32904-1333141791_thumb.jpg

On the top cover i used a Grinder to create the Curve.

I glue a small piece of acrylic under the cover. it's squared with the main body, so it keeps it in place.

I took the two large pieces of acrylic, glued them together. Then i grinded out that notch for the water.

It not attached to the tank in any way. The sand is taking it in place.

The cover is big because of the size of my overflow. When i get a chance, i would like to make it smaller like yours.

• 2 years later...

ZOMBIEEE....While my 30g is back from the dead (actually basement).

it been running for a few months. made changes....no sump, downgraded skimmer,

no sand, changed my light fixture.......wanted a simple setup.

not much in the tank at the moment. im in no rush, so i taking my time.

just would like to say hello to everyone and im happy to be back. here a few iphone pics.......

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

quick update.......Added a few frags these past weeks, everything opened up nice.

Also would like to replace my ATO system with a Tunze Osmolator, just need the money to buy it :)

Will here are some more Iphone pics

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

tank doing good. Added a few more frags, one is a frag of Purple Monti.

Finally charged my camera, need to clean the tank today.

FrontShot-1.jpg

Just practicing my photography....... B)

DSC_2321.jpg

DSC_2328.jpg

also would like to introduce my only fish, FROSTBITE(he doing Dookey :rolleyes:....lol).

I got him with a Snowflake. The person who sold my the fish wouldn't separate them.

I'm sad to say that the Snowflake ended up jumping out. I plan to get another fish.

DSC_2332.jpg

• 3 months later...

finally fixed my computer and im due from a update........

Regarding hardware not much changed, I added another MP10 and switched to a Tunze Nano ATO.

Still just have my one fish but i added a few frags of zoas,favias and few SPS frags. I really dont have much experience with SPS but as of now, everything looks good....Here a front pic

CSC_2405.jpg

Archived