inTank Media Baskets

The Nano Reef Special

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

ahaha... i didnt mean it that way. to be honest i was just getting super cautious because someone got me questioning myself when it came to porcelain crabs...lol...haha..looking back at the emails I get you what you mean just now. I feel like the kid who took the soccer ball home. :lol:

johnmaloney

thanks pmemmer!

1.5 hours left on this everyone. sorry to bump, i know it is bad etiquette, but the other top thread was from us anyway, i just answered in the wrong order.

johnmaloney

yep got it, but you already know that. :)

thanks rfalk! I saw yours come in and will confirm it soon. I have just been planning my dinner move...hmm...

you need like vortech type power directly pointed at these things. + incredibly high light and RIDICULOUSLY high iodine. to make florida zoanthids live. indo pac is MUCH easier to take care of. and light needs to rival 250mh at 6" to be about right. and even then they want more (this is from personal experience and about 1k of lost atlantic zoas....... =....../)

also btw if you do dose that much iodine everything EXCEPT the atlnatic zoas will look good. sooo they are best situated for a pure carib biotope. this is also why if you search the rc forums sale threads there just isnt a whole lot of CM(colin's) zoas around. they WILL melt under normal conditions. or eveyrthing you get from indo pac will look like crap from too much iodine

So thats what happened to mine?? I think Colin is a great guy and he has some beautiful things, but the only zoas/palys I have left are the Grandis paly. I bought 4-5 different colonies off Colin last year and they all melted, I didnt know why. Though I have Ricordeas I bought from him 2 years ago and they are doing great.

Just a quick note... got my order from John today, and as usual, it's great stuff... and the fact that it was shipped free is just icing on the cake. Thanks again!

johnmaloney

good to hear pmemmer! :)

There are different types of zoas here... I have seen some here that are spaced out and are quite hardy, also the "silver dollar" zoas that are common here on barnacles with long stalks are hardy, as are encrusting zoas and the button polyps. The parazoanthus seem to be hit or miss....I have one that is really easy, (sorry forgot my scientific names today), I tried some sponge zoanthids, but the lavender rope sponge they were on is impossible to keep. For me at least...I tried 4 samples from this particular sponge and thewild one was growing fast and the one in my tank was melting just about as fast so I gave up.

Archived