ReefCleaners.org

Another LED JBJ NC12 retrofit

thewire

i just got my NC12 up and running today at my office.Im going to copy your led build .Im going to order parts on the 30th. any idea how long led bulbs last before needing to replace?

Thanks guys! I have rescape the tank a little bit. I removed a lot of the xenia to another tank and move a piece of lr back, open up the front for zoas, like a fruit stand lol. I have added since the last pics

sunflower zoa

sunburst zoas

some green paly

blue tip stag

some green acro

christmas clove

purple yuma

I will be removing kenya tree next..taking way too much room

Will take some pictures soon

Updates

Some of my zoas

021.jpg

GBTA

022.jpg

012.jpg

added a couple days ago

013.jpg

Sunburst zoas

014.jpg

toadstool

004.jpg

see those extension

005.jpg

purple yuma

009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
wow - really nice stuff you got there

how is the GBTA doing under LED?

thanks

gbta is reacting good. Constantly having bubble tips also it's green with pink tip with 50/50 light and blue tip with blue only

The only thing, it's not reacting good is mushroom...

Reefmonster
thanks

gbta is reacting good. Constantly having bubble tips also it's green with pink tip with 50/50 light and blue tip with blue only

The only thing, it's not reacting good is mushroom...

You have PM about how you made the frag rack. Love the LED build BTW...Awesome colors in the pics, and I bet they are better in person!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looking good :D ,hows the GBTA doing?

A little update

Thanks

GBTA is doing very good. Nothing much update except moving a few corals and the zoas been growing like mad! I have to trim some xenia and removing some shrooms. I will ban all mushrooms in that tank soon. But once I have a Maxijet 900 and a stand for my MRT12 tank....I am moving everything there.

Random020.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A little update:

everything growing really good. I have to banned the shroom and kenya tree out of the tank. they are growing like week. The SPS are growing really good. The GBTA is respond real well on LED so does the zoas on the bottom. They are growing too!

I will rescaping real soon. I am getting rid of the GTBA as it's taking up way too much room. Picture to follow soon. How to take good picture on LED?

• 3 weeks later...

I have added

1) Pink ring zoas

2) Garf Bonsai

3) a Robokiki chalice

Some updates

Zoas are growing..so are the sps (over a span of 1 month)

Before

013.jpg

After

lumix027.jpg

Before

021.jpg

After

lumix057.jpg

AquaticDiscounts

Were did you buy all your supplies from? do you have a web site? I think I spent to much on my build and im only using 8 leds.

Were did you buy all your supplies from? do you have a web site? I think I spent to much on my build and im only using 8 leds.

I have listed on the front page...the price of led went a little since lol

New addition. I took the big boy occ clown out and I bought 2 black clownfish from a local breeder (Almon). One of them has normal bar and the other has a misbar. The misbar is on the front bar by the grill where it only go like a sideburn on both side :) either top or bottom are connected.

They are still juv, about 7 months old according to breeder.

lumix026.jpg

i need to get rid of those cheato! I think i should move to thread to AIO tank instead lol

• 9 months later...
joesmoe517

what was the purpose of polishing the heatsink? It's not really reflecting anything since the LED's are glued to it, unlike a bulb which sits off of its reflector base... unless of course you're thinking there is some back reflection from the water surface? Just curious as i didnt do this with mine and am wondering if i should have.

You don't have to. It can re-reflect some light back into the tank, but it can also help with thermal transfer. The difference is negligable.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived