• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

harpua02

harpua02

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2009

Just wanted to share my fixer upper with you guys. :)

I got this 4 year old setup as a birthday present from my husband last month. It had obviously been pretty neglected and I've been trying to get it back into shape and get rid of the corals I didn't want- this tank was overgrown with xenia, not the look I was going for. I've managed to give away or sell the corals I didn't want, and I've been adding frags bought mostly from reef club members. Lighting is 2x 65W PC actinic and 175W MH. There's also a 20 gallon sump with DSB/fuge and ASM mini G skimmer. I'm not crazy about the skimmer but oh well, it was included. :P First pic is how it looked after I got it home, other pics are from the past few days.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0622.JPG
  • DSC_0040.JPG
  • DSC_0021.JPG
  • DSC_0028.JPG

Edited by harpua02, 01 March 2010 - 03:37 PM.

Degener8

Degener8

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,345 posts
  • Joined 20 Jan 2010
  • Fort Campbell, Kentucky
Welcome aboard.. and Nice tank..

Looks much cleaner since you took over :)

but where is the clam.. he was so pretty.

All previous tanks retired.... New project planning in progress....

BC29 not so AIO Thread
My Feedback

1oz. of research will save 1/2 this board from wrist and joint issues due to retyping this information multiple times.

harpua02

harpua02

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2009
That clam was WAY too big for a 29 IMO. With all the rock work in the tank (I ended up taking a couple pieces out) it couldn't even open up all the way, and I even had to scrape xenia off the poor thing's shell. A friend of mine now has the clam in a 93 cube reef and it is looking a lot happier now.

harpua02

harpua02

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2009
Some pics from this afternoon. I've had the meteor shower cyphastrea for a few weeks now and I think it's grown a little. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0002_1.JPG
  • DSC_0003_1.JPG
  • DSC_0009.JPG
  • DSC_0018.JPG

irogers

irogers

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2009
  • Phoenix
you're really whipping this tank into shape! Did it come with those fish or did you get them yourself? Also do you have a hood or open top? I have a 29 myself that has been running for about 10 months now and I love it. it is a great size for a nano reef.
Posted Image

harpua02

harpua02

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2009
Well thank you! I've been trying for sure. It was a helluva birthday gift from hubby and I couldn't wait to get started revamping it!

The only original inhabitant is the yellow watchman goby. I added the McCosker's and the rainford about a month after I got the tank.

There's a handmade canopy that came with the tank. It has a 175W MH, 2x 65W pc actinics (I only use one), and dimmable moonlights. It's ugly as sin, but functional. I think I'm going to have a new canopy built eventually and just move the existing stuff into it.

harpua02

harpua02

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2009
New additions! :D

I picked up a purple firefish, a candy cane frag, and some macro algae that I can't remember the name of. Pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

harpua02

harpua02

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2009
More pics.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

pschom

pschom

Reef Jigalow

• Members
  • 2,857 posts
  • Joined 13 Oct 2010
  • Pimpin Reefs Since 2010
Looks cool. Now that I know more about this stuff it would be cool to receive an old tank and fix it up. But I can remember a time not too long ago when I would have blown my brains out...and almost did. Nice work! What's the sun looking coral called? Probly 'sun polyps' lol

I have been sucking it out as well but not as agressive as I could be.

The Inspiration: A Shallow Odyssey

BC 29 AI LED - One Journey Ends, Another Begins