Pod Your Reef

where do you get black pvc pipe?

Jakesaw

black is abs i believe, not pvc. you can scuff it up with a scotch brite and use some kylon fusion to paint it with. it works pretty good if you scuff it. if you dot it will flake off a little.

black is abs i believe, not pvc. you can scuff it up with a scotch brite and use some kylon fusion to paint it with. it works pretty good if you scuff it. if you dot it will flake off a little.

I can try that - I was concerned about flaking - so would prefer to have a black plastic if possible. I can try the Krylon spray paint route - but figured it would be better if I could avoid the paint route. I'll definitely scuff it up if I go that route.

No, I haven't checked a plumbing supply store - I was planning on doing that - but figured I'd ask on here first.

You can cut all the pieces to size with regular white PVC, then cover them all with purple pvc primer and let it dry for a couple minutes before submerging in just under boiling hot RIT fabric dye for a couple minutes. They come out completely black and look like they came that way.

Archived