ReefCleaners.org

new clownfish has white fuzzy growth on gill please help!

lovely1

i bought two of true percula clown fish on tuesday night, one of them having cotton kind of spongy material on his left side of gill.. i do not know what it is. swimming fine. not heavy breathing . all my parameters are ok in the tank except nitrate it is 15.. sal. 1.025. ph 8.2 , temp. 79 to 81 i have cuc. and one peppermint shrimp. i put this clown fish in hospital tank for copper tx. but what eles i can do ? does anybody knows what it is? next day he has little white bump on side of his mouth also, he is eating and swimming fine . does my other main tank got infected with what ever he has? i have small clown fish in main tank. this big clown fish stayed with him for almost 2 days and now from last two days he is in hosptial tank. my small clown fish is not showing any symptoms yet. i am feeding them food with garlic extract to boost their immunity. thanks for helping me in advance... know pic is very small but it is whitish sthing on near by gill.. please help.. thanks..

post-47013-1252259237_thumb.jpg

i bought two of true percula clown fish on tuesday night, one of them having cotton kind of spongy material on his left side of gill.. i do not know what it is. swimming fine. not heavy breathing . all my parameters are ok in the tank except nitrate it is 15.. sal. 1.025. ph 8.2 , temp. 79 to 81 i have cuc. and one peppermint shrimp. i put this clown fish in hospital tank for copper tx. but what eles i can do ? does anybody knows what it is? next day he has little white bump on side of his mouth also, he is eating and swimming fine . does my other main tank got infected with what ever he has? i have small clown fish in main tank. this big clown fish stayed with him for almost 2 days and now from last two days he is in hosptial tank. my small clown fish is not showing any symptoms yet. i am feeding them food with garlic extract to boost their immunity. thanks for helping me in advance... know pic is very small but it is whitish sthing on near by gill.. please help.. thanks..

WHAT KIND OF PARASITE? WHAT SHOULD I DO ? IS COPPER TX ENOUGH?

WHAT KIND OF PARASITE? WHAT SHOULD I DO ? IS COPPER TX ENOUGH? THANKS FOR REPLY.. FIRST FEW DAYS IT WAS WHITE.. NOW IT IS TURNING LITTLE REDDISH.. I THINK .

who calm down... im not a pro on parasites sorry.

i think doing a FW dip is the right thing, but im not sure. wait for more people to give you advice

:o SORRY LITTLE PARANOID ! :o

who calm down... im not a pro on parasites sorry.

i think doing a FW dip is the right thing, but im not sure. wait for more people to give you advice

Cannot use copper in your tank. will kill your inverts, harm corals. Best thing to do would be a quarantine tank and use the medication. Someone else needs to chime in with treating a fish in a reef tank.

Cannot use copper in your tank. will kill your inverts, harm corals. Best thing to do would be a quarantine tank and use the medication. Someone else needs to chime in with treating a fish in a reef tank.

NO I HAVE NOT USE COPPER IN MY MAIN TANK. I HAVE HOSPITAL TANK 5 GAL, I HAVE PUT MY BIG CLOWN FISH IN THERE AND USE COPPER.

THANKS FOR ALL UR HELP. I HAVE PLACE MY FISH IN HOSPITAL TANK, WHICH IS 5G , I AM DOING 1G WATER CHANGE EVERY OTHER DAY. DONOT HAVE CARBON FILTER FOR NOW IN TANK BECOZ I KNOW FILTER WOULD TAKE COPPER OUT. I ALSO KNOW I HAVE TO CHECK COPPER LEVEL, BUT I CANNOT STILL FIGURE IT OUT WHAT MY FISH HAS! THANK YOU FOR UR HELP IN ADVANCE. THE SPOT ON MY FISH IS STILL SAME.. NOT GETTING BIGGER OR NOT GOING AWAY..

Stop typing in caps or else your fish will die and your tank will crash.

In all seriousness it looks like viral lympohocystis - Cauliflower disease.

Do a search on it, and if it looks like it is lymph, stop copper treatment immediately, and return fish to DT, keeping conditions very clean and keep it well fed.

I would also try maracyn and maracyn two. Copper works for many but I have had pretty good luck with maracyn as well. Get the saltwater brand..has to do with concentrations. Pay attention to the dosing requirements as 5 gallons is a small volume according to the instructions. You can get it at petsmart or petco. Suggest also putting an airstone or hob filter on the hospital tank without carbon for flow and put a piece of PVC piping in the bottom to give your fish somewhere to hide and feel safe.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753392

I would also try maracyn and maracyn two. Copper works for many but I have had pretty good luck with maracyn as well. Get the saltwater brand..has to do with concentrations. Pay attention to the dosing requirements as 5 gallons is a small volume according to the instructions. You can get it at petsmart or petco. Suggest also putting an airstone or hob filter on the hospital tank without carbon for flow and put a piece of PVC piping in the bottom to give your fish somewhere to hide and feel safe.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753392

Thanks for info millerlite. Tank has HOB & I already place PVC pipe. Thanks. I will try the med.

Sorry about caps guys, I am new to forums in general. What does DT means.

Archived