Innovative Marine Aquariums

Coral Banded Shrimp lost his claw

matt frizz

I just got my CBS yesterday and it molted overnight but it left one of it's main arms/claws behind with it's molt. I'm talking about it's large arms that have the bands on them. It's kind of a let down and I'm guessing that I have improper Iodine levels so it couldn't molt right. My crabs were eating it's arm about 10 minutes ago and it's almost gone.

I'm supposing that it will not grow back?

crazy tarzan

It will grow back as he molts--though maybe not in one molt. Take some water down to the lfs and have them test the iodine in it, though if none of the other crabs are having issues and your doing water changes with some good salt I'd think your ok.

It will grow back as he molts--though maybe not in one molt. Take some water down to the lfs and have them test the iodine in it, though if none of the other crabs are having issues and your doing water changes with some good salt I'd think your ok.

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad that it will grow back. I have a new problem though. The CBS actually killed one of my scarlet reef hermits. It looked like he ripped it out of it's shell and carried it around the tank for about 3 hours before putting it down and forgetting about it.

I'm going to feed it later tonight so hopefully I can keep it but it's most likely going back to the LFS.

Archived