Innovative Marine Aquariums

Just because it's April SALE! 30% OFF!

FireCorals

Hey Mike C I'm looking around for lighting and not sure what to go with. My tank is 18x18x24tall I'm thinking of going with mainly lps and softies but might get into sps in the future. How deep do your par 38 bulbs penetrate? Would i need to go with two to assure I dont have any dark spots in my tank?

Hello,

I would suggest two for best results. On a 24" high tank, I would recommend keeping them somewhere around 6" above the water line with 60 degree optics, you may be able to go a bit higher without sacrificing too much PAR, but I believe you will be more than fine with SPS towards the middle and top of the aquascape.

That's me!

:D I am on top of things! Lol

can I still use the $10 coupon code? If I am paying with paypal, where do I put that?

Once you go to check out with Paypal there is an area to put the coupon code before actually submitting the order. These coupon codes are NOT eligible on items that are are already on discount (Tri-Color and TwentyK).

Thanks everyone!

Mike C.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Order placed!!!! Thanks...I included the note about the optics in the special instructions. Looking forward to trying this out.

Order placed!!!! Thanks...I included the note about the optics in the special instructions. Looking forward to trying this out.

Awesome, thank you for your order!

On my way to go ship out all orders!!!

Leaving tomorrow morning for Key West!

my tank is a 4gallon and dim are 10.5 x 10.5 x 11.5 inches. would like to keep it as close to the surface of the water as possible to avoid light spill all over my desk at work, what do u suggest? thanks!

my tank is a 4gallon and dim are 10.5 x 10.5 x 11.5 inches. would like to keep it as close to the surface of the water as possible to avoid light spill all over my desk at work, what do u suggest? thanks!

How close is close? If you want to have it really close (less than 8" AWL), I would suggest acclimating your corals to the new light over a several week period, lowering the light 1" a week to prevent shock/bleaching to your corals, til you are satisfied with the height.

HTH

Only a few left of each.

Remember anyone who has ordered a PAR38 from us will have first dibs on our MoonPop Moonlights when they release over the next week or two, get your PAR38 now and secure your spot!

Only a few left of each.

Remember anyone who has ordered a PAR38 from us will have first dibs on our MoonPop Moonlights when they release over the next week or two, get your PAR38 now and secure your spot!

Sent you a pm with a question

Archived