SaltCritters.com

Killer Duncans

Formula462

Want!!!

I kinda hate myself for it because I could of had them first. It was only 100 bucks for the whole colony....Oh well, she is a good client.

Be very nice and you could probably sweet talk them into letting you frag off a head or two.

oh she wouldn't even know what a frag is, she has no clue about anything about her tank other than it's pretty looking. if I really wanted it, I could frag it off no problem. if i were more of a douche i most certainly would seeing as how they are multi-millionaires that have never even attempted to TIP ME!

Duncans do grow quickly at times. Shouldn't be to hard to talk her into giving you head on the cheap.

I'll put it in perspective. When I first started doing this service I asked her where is the best place to dump the waste water. Her answer, "You can just dump if off the edge of the heli-pad.".............

Needless to say, I don't see the homeowners a whole lot. Mainly maids, gardeners, and groundskeepers.

oh she wouldn't even know what a frag is, she has no clue about anything about her tank other than it's pretty looking. if I really wanted it, I could frag it off no problem. if i were more of a douche i most certainly would seeing as how they are multi-millionaires that have never even attempted to TIP ME!

Should you get tipped for a job your already being paid for?

Should you get tipped for a job your already being paid for?

You tip waiters don't you? You tip the pizza guy right? All they do is bring you food that they didn't even make. I come into your home and treat it with the most respect possible and keep your 10,000.00 dollar reef tank thriving.

Me stop showing up= Tank failure/ Thousands lost.

Pizza guy doesn't show= no pizza that night/ 20 bucks lost if you paid in advance.

You tip waiters don't you? You tip the pizza guy right? All they do is bring you food that they didn't even make. I come into your home and treat it with the most respect possible and keep your 10,000.00 dollar reef tank thriving.

Me stop showing up= Tank failure/ Thousands lost.

Pizza guy doesn't show= no pizza that night/ 20 bucks lost if you paid in advance.

Unless you charge them $3.25 per hour or whatever tip jobs get paid such as waiters and delivery then don't expect one. Sweet duncans though.

Unless you charge them $3.25 per hour or whatever tip jobs get paid such as waiters and delivery then don't expect one. Sweet duncans though.

This lol. No tip for you.

You one of those people that believe waiters actually only make 3.25 per hour? If you make enough tips you get paid that amount, if you do not make it up with tips you get minimum wage. If you get paid minimum wage a couple weeks in a row, you get fired because it means you suck and no one wants to tip you. So no, your comparison is bunk.

My job is quite a bit harder than that of a waiter and I have MUCH bigger and MUCH more expensive responsibilities. ( i used to be one so stop before you start) and of course I make more than 3.25 and hour, I obviously don't make 60 grand a year from it either.

Don't get me wrong dude, I love my job and I get tips often enough (sometimes in baked good form). It's just a funny observation that the ONLY ones that don't tip are the ones that have a helicopter on their house that they take to their yacht to take to their island......no exaggeration. But I am aware people don't get rich by giving it away

First- let me say this. Eff the cheapskates who don't tip. It's usually the people who can barely afford it who tip the best. Those who can afford it and don't tip, totally suck.

My job is quite a bit harder than that of a waiter and I have MUCH bigger and MUCH more expensive responsibilities. ( i used to be one so stop before you start)

But ah...

Waiter in Texas? Ehh. If so, I'm not sure you should base your experience in the restaurant industry as the standard.

All I know is any time I leave the cities of the eastern seaboard... (I'm going to put this the non-violent way) I wonder how waiters get tipped at all.

Out here it's a high stress, fast moving, physically demanding, and therefore- high paying and respectable job that can support a family in the upper middle class (in NY dollars).

I agree that your job may allow for much more costly damages if you make a simple mistake... But my bet is your job is nowhere near as physically or mentally demanding as (or "harder than") the average New York waiter.

Just sayin. ;)

Edit- And I totally support the idea of you "keeping the corals from getting too close by trimming them" and going home with a full bucket.

First- let me say this. Eff the cheapskates who don't tip. It's usually the people who can barely afford it who tip the best. Those who can afford it and don't tip, totally suck.

But ah...

Waiter in Texas? Ehh. If so, I'm not sure you should base your experience in the restaurant industry as the standard.

All I know is any time I leave the cities of the eastern seaboard... (I'm going to put this the non-violent way) I wonder how waiters get tipped at all.

Out here it's a high stress, fast moving, physically demanding, and therefore- high paying and respectable job that can support a family in the upper middle class (in NY dollars).

I agree that your job may allow for much more costly damages if you make a simple mistake... But my bet is your job is nowhere near as physically or mentally demanding as (or "harder than") the average New York waiter.

Just sayin. ;)

Edit- And I totally support the idea of you "keeping the corals from getting too close by trimming them" and going home with a full bucket.

Nah man lol I am talking bull#### waiter not something like that. However, I have to lift, control, and lug several hundred to a couple thousand lbs of random crap back and forth, up and down, on a daily basis. Water jugs, salt, water jugs, liverock, 300 lbs Aquavitro drums, water jugs, 50 gallon Brute trashcans full of nasty water, and also water jugs. :P

I am not gonna argue who has the harder job, but to say what I do is nowhere near as physically taxing as the average NYC waiter is a laughable statement. Mentally, as far as pace goes, a metropolitan waiter takes the cake. :D

I am not complaining about not being compensated for what I do.( I know you get this goldy) I get it enough and I am no pinch-fingered beggar. It was just a funny statement made about millionaires not tipping and some dude said something along the lines of not deserving one in the first place. It's really allllll goood though. I love what I do.

rich people don't get rich giving out more than they have to. They are frugal and they only look out for themselves. They are objective about getting money and keeping it, this prevents you from being nice and caring about others. This is why larger corporations stay on top. They are run by people like this.

would like to support the whole tipping thing. i work in a land of millionaires and billionaires, the good ones tip. the "old" money jackasses that had it handed to them by mommy & daddy just piss and moan and act snotty generally. some people tip because they get service that is above and beyond what the person "needs" to do. some people tip because they are generous and have the cash. some people never tip and always get ####ty service and wonder why...

i got a tip from a guys house manager one time. the house is over $50mil and the guy understands what it takes to get stuff done. nuff said.

I hope when I grow up I have a tank slave and a house manager.... Haha.

i have discovered the difference between well off and stupid rich, it is a house manager. when you have so much money that you need someone to manage the ground crew, the cleaning staff, and wait for repairmen you have too much. on a personal note, they are good people, they worked hard for what they have and got a lucky break or two.

Oh I can for sure say with pride that I go above and beyond to make people happy. I have to, being lazy at work totally pisses me off. It literally makes me feel good to keep a system running great or to take over someones disgusting mess of a tank and make it beautiful. For most customers they can see and appreciate this, ESPECIALLY ones who have dealt with less than stellar service before and now actually get to see what they are paying for. I make a strong point to talk to people as well. I make sure to verify everything is all good. Like I said before, I appreciate the hell out of any extra compensation because I know they did not have to do that. Kind of like they see me clean areas of the tank you cant even see unless standing on a ladder with the top open. They appreciate that I didn't really have to do that, but I did it anyway.

Edit: and the lady that does not tip is a sweetheart and I actually really enjoy talking to her on the rare occasion I see her.

1st I say frag the heck out of that thing its so pretty and 2nd I've worked with alot of rich people when I used to do stupidly expensive catering and if it was not on the receipt saying tipping was not included in the bill and average tip per server was said amount I doubt many of them would tip even though we were basically travelling waiters that had to load and unload the whole event.

Duncans do grow quickly at times. Shouldn't be to hard to talk her into giving you head on the cheap. Being her first time, you could guide her through it.

Lol

saltwatercoral

Those Duncans look crazy, and I second the tipping thing. I believe that If you do a good job at whatever you do a tip is allways required. I my selft tip very well. My wife always say that people can live off my tips, lol.

Archived