inTank Media Baskets

20 Gallon Long Topless :o Nano Reef (New pics)

splinter492

After rereading all your post it seems that we have very same setups. I really like my mp 10, I have it set to

to reef crest at almost full speed. I did have sugar sand when I got what a mess it made. Now I'm using caribsea special grade. No more sand storms. Have also been think about hanging my lights just to get them off the top of tank.I dont want to go to high and lose intensity or par. You can a poor pic of my tank

here at our FTS area its the last one. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...0&start=500

BTW thats a whole bunch of cheato you have there. Nice.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i started with a fist sized clump of cheato a year and some months ago and have been harvesting a lot out but then decided to just let it grow and pull off the top layer every water change and its working out for me. and our tanks do look very similar in the set up! oh i forgot to add that im dosing calcium and alkalinity and its making things color up sooooo much and doing weekly 3-5 gallon WC's makes my livestock look soooo healthy!!!

i just realized i never posted a pic of my little anemone crab!! :happy:

6538805567_7fa0627564_z.jpg

acans-5 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

I also have been adding the B ionic 2 part on a daily basis plus mag a necessary. I try to keep kh-alk around 8.0 ,ca at 430 and mag at around 1350 . I'm going to try Seachem's reef advantage and reef builder starting tomorrow. I have it left over from when I had a 65g reef. The reef advantage has the mag.

already in it so it is truly a 2 part system. They are both power ,just mix with the fresh ro/di and good to go. We'll see how it works. I also do weekly wc's with IO's reef crystals about 3-4gal a week.

BTW how long do you leave your sump lights on for? I do the opposite of my main lighting 12hrs on while

main whites are off.

Mine are reverse of my lights as well as soon as blues go off sump goes on and stays on until blues cone back on. I never really thought about how long my sump light is on for lol

Corals came in today and after a short acclimation I dropped in the millepora and literally in seconds the polyps were out it seemed like the split second it hit the water they started peeking out!!! I've never seen a coral become that used to its environment that fast! And for some reason the "purple" monti looks brown right now... Probably needs to adjust to the lighting

• 2 weeks later...
Got a lil pom Pom crab!!!! Things are cute!!!

Aren't they awesome? Mine got an arm and a leg ripped off somehow and it grew back, then he split his anemone into two again. Amazing. I'm going to try to get another one that has lost its anemones. I hear they share them if one loses theirs.

Aren't they awesome? Mine got an arm and a leg ripped off somehow and it grew back, then he split his anemone into two again. Amazing. I'm going to try to get another one that has lost its anemones. I hear they share them if one loses theirs.

They are amazing I just fell in love with them at work and had to take one home!!!!!!

Nice tank. I've always been a fan of 20g longs.

Thanks so much! I love the 20 long I just wish my stand was taller because I have to sit to get a straight on view of it

• 5 weeks later...

wow well many things have changed within my tank!! lots of new corals including an ORA red planet! been getting lots of nice corals from work too!! pics to come sometime....

• 2 weeks later...
splinter492

well i started vitamin C dosing along with reef plus and iv noticed my water clarity seems a LOT better!! I wasn't really expecting that... My corals overall look healthier and happier.

• 3 weeks later...
splinter492

NEW CORALS!!! :wizard:

7014212901_0d0151b4fd_z.jpg

DSC_0036 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

Meteor shower cyphastrea

7014212811_9502cfcb74_z.jpg

DSC_0038 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

Acanthastrea

7014212679_a28086460d_z.jpg

DSC_0042 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

Duncanopsammia

7014212559_f64f0fdfd6_z.jpg

DSC_0041 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

Acanthastrea

6868102892_ba0b623cbe_z.jpg

DSC_0035 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

Blue Cali Tortuosa

6868102642_5aed798fa4_z.jpg

DSC_0039 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

Acanthastrea

7014212069_7d7d19059b_z.jpg

DSC_0037 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

Blastomussa Wellsi

7014211969_d1025b0fb0_z.jpg

DSC_0032 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

Acanthastrea

7014211847_5698840d92_z.jpg

DSC_0033 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

Purple Deaths

splinter492
lookin' good

Thanks! :happy: you need more pics of your tank!!! i wanna see how things are going for you as well!! :P

splinter492
Tank looks awesome

Thanks so much but it's nowhere near what I want it to look like!! I'm going to try tropic Marin bio actif to see what good it can do for my tank!

splinter492
Wow, this tank is looking great with those 2 island of corals. Love it!

thanks man! its a lot of work but its worth it, and its no where near where i want it to be! :)<_<

on a side note i started dosing with Tropic Marin Bio-Calcium and so far its awesome! my first dose was 3 days ago and so far i haven't had to dose calcium or alkalinity.

Archived