SaltCritters.com

Nanoskim Update!

nanoskimguy

Thank you for the great response for my skimmer solution. I am pleased to say that my skimmer is now patent pending! I am still taking skimmer orders through my ebay store, but I hope to see my skimmer come to a LFS near you in the near future. Keep your fingers crossed. Help is on the way, clear that protein slick quick!!! Thank you everyone, especially Pacific Reef stores (Anaheim, Fountain Valley) I couldn't have done it without you. ;) It took 5 or 6 months of hard work, dedication and research, driven by my love for the cube, to reach this point, but we made it! Thanks again.

Happy Reef-Keeping!

nanoskimguy

PS This board ROX!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

the quality of the skimmer is very good. i was pleasantly surprised. and for anyone with a fuge light, it blocks alot of the light that bleeds into the display area.

We finished the packaging for Nanoskim. Here are some pictures of the finished product.

nanoskimpackage_007.jpg

Here are the ones that we are sending to the trade show in Las Vegas next week. We also made brochures and materials for distributors/dealers. If you own a fish store, look for Nanoskim there. There will be samples for dealers/distributors.

nanoskimpackage_003.jpg

Thanks for the overwhelming response for Nanoskim! We are trying to take this product to the next level through the trade show, etc. If you have an LFS that may be interested in carrying Nanoskim, drop us an e-mail. It is still available in my ebay store also.

Thanks and Happy Reefkeeping,

nanoskimguy

nanoskimpackage_004.jpg

I have the nano skim and it's great! It's really keeping the surface of my clear.

I do have a small problem with it which should be taken into consideration if you've moded you cube. I'm currently using a maxijet 1200 for my return pump and when I installed the nanoskim my tank overflowed, apparently he doesn't have a high flow rating. I fited the problem by folding a piece of paper and use it as a wedge to cause the skimmer to "lean" forward in the tank. This way there's some water skimming from the sides as well. I'll take some pictures once I get my camera back.

Aside from that it's working fine!

Diablobryan, your order has been shipped, you should receive it this week. For modded cubes, I will be working with Chris at nanocustoms to try various pump models for the mod community. I have made some custom Nanoskim models for people who ask for them... If you have a modded cube, please let me know in advance what pump you have, etc. Sean, e-mail me, we can work with you to get you a skimmer that works for your setup. Soon Nanoskim will be manufactured by a local industrial plastic facility. We'll find out more after the trade show this week. Look for Nanoskim soon at major online retailers and LFS's all over the country. We also have a big suprise for the mod community coming soon ;) We've been working on it since the beginning when we started earlier this year. Once our patent goes through, we will release more information. For those of you who are e-mailing me asking how to order Nanoskim, go to my ebay store in my signature. Thanks for the interest and happy reefkeeping!!

I can't draw by software, or by hand for that matter, but here's an idea that would be interesting to try if I can describe it well enough.

What if you were to make a model with exceptionally long grooves to accomodate any size pump capacity and then put a piece of plastic on the backside which could be adjusted up or down to fit each individual setup? Of coure it would have to slide up and down in a groove of some sort and you would have to be able to lock or screw it into place once you found the right level for any given tank.

You are right on, that's the idea that is being patented. We will release it soon so look for it, we'll be the only ones that will have it, for 20 years least...

No cutting/sanding or anything.

It just slides right over the overflow grid on the left side of your tank, and hangs with a clip. The water flows over it's slots and through the overflow grid in your tank. Takes about...oh, 2 seconds to install. :)

I bought one of these from him on E-bay and I can tell you he is 1st rate and the product is fantastic! I was using a cassette case, which had it issues, like snails crawling over and into the sump, this product eliminates that problem!

Thanks again!

NanoSkim,

I sent you an email last week about the problems with my skimmer, I'd like to get this thing working nicely rather then all ghetto rigged.

Thanks,

The slide model is almost ready to ship Sean, we are done with the testing for it. Just to let everyone know I have restocked the ebay store so you can purchase them there again and Chris at Nanocustoms has stock avaiable in his store also. We should have store inventory for the Sliding model later next week.

Thanks,

Nanoskimguy

Hey just wanted to throw my .02 in here. I had ordered another type of skimmer and had problems. So I ordered one of these and even though I had a little problem getting it to snap in place (it's beacause you have to slide it over the intake grate and under the top of the plastic ring on the Nano) I guess I was a little nervous cause you have to give it a little force, but once it snapped in there I was pleasently surprised!!! Man does this thing work awesome, I mean you can see the water flow through the notches and into the intake grate. The one thing that sold me was the fact that it had a plastic cover over the skimmer which won't allow anything to get trapped in there. In fact I almost lost an anemone because the last skimmer I had trapped him in there. I do have one question though: Since this thing is kinda see through if I wanted to remove it at sometime to clean it since it was kinda hard to put in there would it be difficult to remove?

Thanks again for an AWESOME product!!!

Hi Compulou-

I've taken mine out and put it back in multiple times in the last week (only had my tank set up a week, but moved things around a few times). No problems with pulling it out and putting it back in on my end...just pull a bit on the right side at the same time as you lift up on the skimmer, and it should slide right out!

Archived