SaltCritters.com

Anyone here into reptiles? 0.1 Mali Uromastyx

Caesar777

Will trade for pretty much anything reptile- or reef-related, or sell for $50.

Gorgeous, FAT female, no missing toes/scales/scars/etc., never had any problems with her. EXTREMELY healthy, eats great. 3 years old LTC, vet-checked once a year, fecals have always been negative. A little flighty, but it's mainly because she doesn't get held much. At least she doesn't mind my presence anymore. HUGE, probably about 12", would be a great breeder, or work with her and she'd make a great pet. No cage to go with her--I'm planning on using the one she's in, just too nice to give it up. (Might have to sell that, too, though--no space for it.) I could include some of her accessories, like her UV fixture with bulb, black enameled clip-on heat lamp with spotlight, her alfalfa vitamins, etc.

Would prefer not to ship, but I could do it if necessary. I'd estimate $50-55 for Fedex--that's actual cost, no box charges.

Sorry about the lack of photos...same problem as with the frags, need to borrow a camera from a friend for pics. I really need to just invest in a good camera.

I LOVE those guys--they're so cute. I was supposed to get a pair of those in a trade--cherry-heads, too--but I shipped first and my end died in shipping. Lame.

As if it wasn't lame enough that I didn't get the cherry-heads (plus $$)--it was a Fly River turtle. X) :bling: Ugh! I hate when trades go bad.

Yeah...Anyway. Still need a taker for the Mali. I'll try to get some pics, will take a few days or more.

Or if you're local, you can see her in person. :)

0.1 means one female, 1.0 means one male, 0.0.1 means one unsexed animal. :) (Okay, okay, I used to be a herp nerd. Still am, inside...)

I see. I thought it was like our fishy F1 for first generation from wild stock, F2 for second, etc. F0 for wild.

Is there a reason why .1, 1.0, 0.0.1 are used? Or is it kinda just something that stuck?

Not sure about why, but it is the standard way to group reptiles and amphibians, and has been for awhile. It's just simpler to say 2.7.5 than to say two males, seven females, five unsexed. If I remember right, they also use the F0/F1/etc. system in the same way that it's done for fish. Wow, it's been awhile.

Still needs a home.

She just shed. Yay for that. :P

humm...looks exactly like the two i already have...i would suggest going to a show in your area and asking around to some breeders if they would be interested in her.

The only shows are both in October; one is 50 miles away, the other is about 200 miles away. So that isn't much of an option...But thanks for the suggestion.

• 2 months later...

Still needs a home! (The soonest show is in October.)

Archived