Cultivated Reef

Seattle/Portland/LOCAL: 55 gal REEF-READY acrylic tank DRILLED w/OVERFLOW, stand, ...

Caesar777

Caesar777

Pics forthcoming... This tank is 55 gallons, acrylic, made by TruVu. Rounded front corners, drilled for the built-in overflow box (NOT some hang-on-the-back overflow box) with a 1 3/8" pvc bulkhead (male, barbed) run through the bottom (just attach tubing, add a hose clamp, and you're done with that part). In fair condition, it has good clarity but also a fair amount of scratches. I have some acrylic polish for the outside, and the scratches aren't as noticeable when the tank is filled. Blue back, blue overflow. (Solid blue acrylic, not painted.) The stand is solid oak, very nice-looking and sturdy, with two doors. The stand is drilled through the top for the overflow bulkheads to go right through. Tank is exactly 48" long and, if I can remember right, 20" tall. (Will measure again when I get home in a couple of days.) Stand is tall enough for the tank to be at waist/chest height. Will get exact measurements for everything soon.

Definitely NO shipping; this tank is BIG, and I just had a bad experience shipping an acrylic tank to someone (Fedex broke it!). Plus, the tank is solid OAK--NOT particle-board--so it's VERY heavy.

I also have a 48" Coralife power-compact fluorescent fixture that would fit this tank perfectly. It's 4x65 watt, two actinic blue bulbs and two white 10,000K daylight bulbs, each set on its own cord (for timers) and power switch. Built-in cooling fans, polished aluminum housing and reflector, and clean acrylic splash guard. In LIKE NEW condition.

Also have plenty of 10- and 20-gallon glass aquariums for use as sump/refugium tanks.

Make an offer; not looking for a mint. I can part it out if you really want. LOCALS ONLY, please, for everything except the light. (That I will ship out.)

Again, pics forthcoming.

Caesar777

Well, I would, but it'll cost $50-60 to ship the tank itself (NO way I'd do the stand too), and it'll most likely break. It'd be insured, though. If you really want me to, I can do it; I just don't recommend it.

DaTrizzle

I am interested in just the tank but seeing as the shopping isnt a sure thing and its 60 bucks I'll pass,but good luck

Caesar777

Yeah, that's why. I mean, it would be a sure thing since it'd be insured, and $60 is hardly more than someone would pay for some large corals, but of course I see your point, since it was originally mine! :P

So the tank is still available; anyone local can feel free to contact me to come by and check it out. I'll have pics up soon.

Caesar777

Really? Chicks dig reef tanks? Most people think it's dorky. :P I'm the only chick I know around here that likes reefs.

Caesar777

I'm thinking the same thing! Not sure what it is, but I just don't get along with most females.

Caesar777

Now, anyway, back to the topic at hand, the tank is still for sale.

Caesar777

Still for sale. Can also deliver it within a reasonable distance. Looking to get $225 for the tank and stand, $175 for the light, also have some glass tanks that could easily be made into sumps.

Caesar777

Okay, PICS! Sorry they're bad quality; it's impossible to get a shot of the whole tank because it's in a small room. (I was up against the wall taking those pics.) By the way, I didn't get all of the sand/crushed coral out of it, but of course it can be cleaned out.

Front, most of it:

4uciu1

Stand left:

4ucivo

Stand right:

4ucj0g

Overflow: (sorry, took that last pic tonight)

4uckzb

By the way, I know that two of the teeth are broken off the overflow. (One on each side toward the middle), but it isn't a big deal. It leaves a space that's the width of my ring finger; maybe half an inch.

Caesar777

Still available. $200 delivered near Seattle.

Come on, need to move it out!

And good God...NO shipping! 8)

Caesar777 how much for this and that black stand? Or does this thing require that stand it comes with or something?

Doesn't require the stand, but it does have the bulkhead sticking out of the bottom, so you'd need to alter the other stand. Still, I'd sell without it. Say, $150 for the tank?

Stand alone $100, tank alone $150.

I have another stand, too, bshane; it's black and similar dimensions, 4' long by 2' wide by 2.5 feet high. Pending to reefout, but if that falls through and you're interested, let me know.

The other one is taken, actually.

all right cesar, i do like this stand, but i have to sell a 37 gal setup before i can buy, so if ya still got it im def interested, otherwise goodluck

Well, keep me updated.

To anyone else interested in it, it's not on hold--I just get WAY too many flakes. So the setup, or just the tank, or just the stand, are still available. Local only. Can deliver pretty much anywhere.

Archived