SaltCritters.com

Best way to Frag Palys?

hlander

well, when fragging palythoas, they tend to become really slimy. i use an exacto knife to cut around the polyp and i carve below to include a piece of rock at the base and simply glue it on a frag plug.

search for zoa frag or fragging on youtube.com and you will see a few videos showing how to..but do wear glove and eye glasses as some can spit in your eyes..not good since palytoxin is poison to humans and animals.

Discard the liquid and wash the container well after fragging and make sure no kid or animal toutch it or drink it as it can kill a dog in few hours..I am guessing a kid drinking it would have the same faith.

....not good since palytoxin is poison (among the most potent toxins known, and also nearly impossible to get an Emergency Room to take seriously because it is rare in these parts)

make sure no kid or animal toutch it or drink it as it can kill a dog in few hours..I am guessing a kid drinking it would have the same faith. (kids and dogs are the same in MANY ways)

This is how my LFS does it. They get some stainless steal toe nail clippers. They said they got them at Fred's. They're not like lil ones, they look like pliers. The said they cut the rock with those and they cut the palys with and an xacto knife which can be bought at Hobby Lobby or Walmart. Then they use super glue gel to glue them down. I like what they do. They sometime glue the frags to sharks teeth or shells. It pretty cool.

GL!

They get some stainless steal toe nail clippers. They said they got them at Fred's. They're not like lil ones, they look like pliers.

LOL giant toe nail clippers?

thats a first.

i guess thats the lazy way of doing it. the old fashion razor blade never let me down.

Archived