Pod Your Reef

Red Sea Max 250 liter (65 gallons)?

nautilus8

Hi there,

A friend just send me the info. listed below (65 gallons); I have been searching the web for more details without much luck. Does anybody here have more info. on this system? Thanks in advance for any feedback...

"Meet the Red sea Max 250, which is larger then the small Red Sea max that we reviewed. Said to be arriving in Fall 2008, this all in one system is sure to impress. With the release of the Red Sea Max 250 comes their newest filter named the “C-Skim” which will be able to handle the larger bio load of this aquarium. The skimmer features a one touch level to clean the tube which certainly has our attention. More pictures after the jump!"

red-sea-max-250.jpg

red-sea-max-250-wide.jpg

Found something that states 1299.00 euros. With the weak US dollar thats like a $100,000 US. (Or $2015.00)

Yikes. Could you piece together a 75 for about this?

TheChosenReefer

It looks like it would work if you had the money and didn't have room for a standard 65g tank. But I think it is to much. You might be able to make a 75 gallon for that much if not cheaper.

$2000, you can totally build a custom 75g ... with sump, refugium, MH or T5, a working skimmer and a nice stand ... I will probably pass ... :)

I think they can at least put some nicer corals in their RSM250 ... sigh ...

Oceanic 30g

If I were building a larger tank, I would piece it together or go with an oceanic tech tank. It is much tougher to sell anything over $1000. (And impossible to sell used)

Reef Builders
Hi there,

A friend just send me the info. listed below (65 gallons); I have been searching the web for more details without much luck. Does anybody here have more info. on this system? Thanks in advance for any feedback...

"Meet the Red sea Max 250, which is larger then the small Red Sea max that we reviewed. Said to be arriving in Fall 2008, this all in one system is sure to impress. With the release of the Red Sea Max 250 comes their newest filter named the “C-Skim” which will be able to handle the larger bio load of this aquarium. The skimmer features a one touch level to clean the tube which certainly has our attention. More pictures after the jump!"

red-sea-max-250.jpg

red-sea-max-250-wide.jpg

Hey Guys, I would appreciate it if you didn't scalp our images and just link to the orginial article...Thanks!

http://www.reefbuilders.com

Archived