Pod Your Reef

Keeping the "con" in aquacon

shiveley

Better Business Bureau – Aquatic Connections (www.aquacon.com)

Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau concerning the dispute you are having with the above named company. We have forwarded your complaint to the company for their comments and/or action. You will be informed of the outcome of this matter. However, we must advise you that the prognosis for a favorable resolution of your issue is not good. This company has already "earned" an "unsatisfactory" business reliability report with the BBB. It is, therefore, doubtful that they will respond to us, or to you, concerning this matter. Nevertheless, we will make our best effort to help mediate a solution.

The Better Business Bureau receives more than 600 requests for assistance daily. Most are from persons requesting pre-purchase information about companies they are considering doing business with. While we do not recommend or endorse any product, service, or company, a "satisfactory" BBB report means, at least, that the company has not ignored complaints. Moreover, some of our member companies have pledged to mediate or arbitrate any consumer complaints brought to their attention.

*Aquacon.com, Inc.*

The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.

This company first came to our attention in September 2000. This company's type of business is classified as Aquariums-Dealers, Internet Shopping Services.

Luis Vazquez is the President. Luis Vazquez is also the designated customer relations contact for the company. The company's E-Mail address is ron@aquacon.com. The company's Web site can be found at www.aquacon.com.

This company is not a member of this Better Business Bureau.

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a failure to respond to complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 36 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 36 complaints in the last 36 months, 11 of those were closed in the last 12 months. These complaints concerned sales practice issues, delivery issues, repair issues, service issues, customer service issues, product issues and refund or exchange issues. Of these complaints, 1 was closed as unresolved 35 were closed with no response from the company. When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

Many local municipalities, townships, and counties have registration, bonding and/or licensing requirements. The Bureau encourages you to check with them as well.

This business also uses the following names, addresses and/or telephone numbers:

Aquacon.com, Inc.

1541 NW 65th Avenue, Suite 5 (800) 798-7625

Plantation, FL 33313

Aquacon.com, Inc.

2102 N University Drive (800) 798-7625

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33322

(954) 572-0033

(954) 792-2969

Aquacon

Aquacon.com

Aquatic Connection

Marine Life USA

Saltwaterfish USA

This is not necessarily a complete list (multiple filings of fictitious business names are often utilized to cause confusion in the tracking of consumer billings).

Additional company management personnel include:

Ron Ratoff, Registered Agent.

The Bureau has requested basic information from this company. The Bureau has not received a response. Without this information, the Bureau may not have current information concerning such things as the company's management or its nature of business.

According to information contained in BBB files, mail sent to the company by the Bureau has been returned by the Post Office as "Undeliverable".

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service, or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

I placed an online order on February 8, 2007, I then added additional items to that order on February 14th. After a brief delay at my request I informed the vendor that I would be ready to recieve my complete order on February 27th. I have since that time sent repeated emails and placed numerous phone calls asking when my order would be shipped, only to be reassured by Ron (at Aquacon) that my order would be going out the following week. It has still not been shipped, and I have recieved numerous reasons for the delay. I have also asked Ron at Aquacon to ship the items he does have in stock and to refund me the difference, but he has neither aknowledged what he could ship, or when he would ship it. I am obviously very concerned about this purchase, and would either like to recieve the order or have my funds reimbursed.

Seriously, get on the phone and stop the payment with your credit card company RIGHT NOW.

That is ridiculous. Do not give them a dime of your money and buy else where.

Order from one of our sponsors and you will have what you need by today or tomorrow next week.

Seriously..."aquacon"...who would name their business that? how fitting.

Really---this vendor sounds like someone who shouldn't be in business.

Don't contribute to it! File a CC claim.

Sorry this happened.

Archived