FTS 05/30/2012

DSC_3551.jpg

Equipment

Aqueon 40G Breeder

(2) Maxi-Jet PRO 900

Aqueon Powerhead 700gph

Ecotech Overpriced Vortech MP10

Aqueon PRO 250w Heater

Finnex Digital Temp Display 200w Heater (Sump)

Medium Magfloat glass cleaner

(2) FishNeedIt 250w MH pendant with 20K Stock Bulbs

DIY ATO with Aqualifter/Alarm

Odyssea 500gph Return Pump

Aqueon 20L DIY Sump

SCA 180 Protein Skimmer

Esshopps Overflow Box PF-800

DIY Stand

LiveStock (Still deciding)

Royal Gramma (Puertorican by the way)

Six Line Wrasse

Ocelaris Clown

1 Mexican Turbo Snail

Blue Leg hermits

Corals

Green Sinularia

Yelow Japanese Deep water zoas

Pink Zoas

Red Lava mushrooms

Green Mushrooms

Green striped mushrooms

Purple Mushrooms

Green Montipora

Kenya Trees

Blue polyps Acropora

Pink Birdnest

GSP

Branching Hammer coral

Frogspawn

Meteor Shower

Filtration

BRS ROX Carbon

BRS GFO

Mesh Filter Sock

Chaeto

Fiji Live Rock

Special Grade Reef Sand

Nice. How long have you had it running?

Thanks, its 1 month old, howerver a few corals came from my old 45 cube when I took it down and the live rocks but everything else its new. Im still waiting for the maxis and some stuff I ordered. Trying to keep a balance between the 20L AIO and this one.

Vortech mp10 coming next week. F.ck maxis and lineal flow, s()cks ass. I wasted 3hrs trying to get good flow, ended up leaving just one maxi-jet in.

Looks like you are off to a decent start :)

Lol my situation here is funny, because i had a vortech, an apex lite and i sold both to just get back to it with a higher cost lol that sux :(

saltwatercoral
Lol my situation here is funny, because i had a vortech, an apex lite and i sold both to just get back to it with a higher cost lol that sux :(

Looks like you can never leave the hobby, its in your blood! lol, good to see your still gowing strong.

O, by the way, the clams are doing great and there is good growth on both of there shells well!

Looks like you can never leave the hobby, its in your blood! lol, good to see your still gowing strong.

O, by the way, the clams are doing great and there is good growth on both of there shells well!

hahahahahahaha I thought the same thing but I see it as a curse.

Good to hear that, the squamosa grows so fast is not even funny man. She will outgrow your 120g in no time. Lets eat it when doesnt fit your tank anymore lol

Dude you have like 3 million frags in your tank, Im so jealous lol

saltwatercoral
hahahahahahaha I thought the same thing but I see it as a curse.

Good to hear that, the squamosa grows so fast is not even funny man. She will outgrow your 120g in no time. Lets eat it when doesnt fit your tank anymore lol

Dude you have like 3 million frags in your tank, Im so jealous lol

lol, I hope to keep everything growing now and not to add anything, but if I see a nice pice I may have to get it! The squamosa def is growing like crazy! I loce sushi, but that would be one expensive piece of sushi, lol.

One a side note.... Why are you selling your lights? Im always looking on CL for deals and found your post because of your FTS.

lol, I hope to keep everything growing now and not to add anything, but if I see a nice pice I may have to get it! The squamosa def is growing like crazy! I loce sushi, but that would be one expensive piece of sushi, lol.

One a side note.... Why are you selling your lights? Im always looking on CL for deals and found your post because of your FTS.

LOL the most expensive sushi ever.....

The lightning fixtures I posted on CL are not the ones from my Breeder, the FTS is marketing strategy LOL I think Ill get rid of my 20L AIO lightning system because its getting hot with the halide. Im going LEDs for the small tank and keep my 40B with halides wich are my favorite bulbs :) I might add some RBs to the breeder for more pop but Im still figuring out how to add leds without adding some uggly heatsink over my tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Good start...

LOL vortech isn't all that, you should have invested in a pair of Tunze's. You'll be re-reading this 1 year when the bearings start to make noise.

I swapped my MP10 for a pair of 6045's and couldn't be happier.

Good start...

LOL vortech isn't all that, you should have invested in a pair of Tunze's. You'll be re-reading this 1 year when the bearings start to make noise.

I swapped my MP10 for a pair of 6045's and couldn't be happier.

I will go that route whenever I get the $500 to get the Apex controller again. Sold mine and regret it :|

• 4 months later...
beautiful shots! How do you get so much purple Coraline algae?

Thank you. I use purple up every once in a while, I guess is due to that and the water flow in the tank. It might be the water changes I do twice a week(5g) too.

Is the one mp10 enough on your 40b?

I can't decide if I should get one or two.... what setting are you running it on?

Yes, the MP10 is enough for my setup, I wont put 2 of them in one 40g breeder unless you want to go 100% SPS

• 9 months later...

thanks, this tank is not running anymore, got tired of it and sold it. Now Im building a 90g RR with DIY live rock for better scaping.

Archived