Pod Your Reef

Blazzin's Biocube 29 Gallon HQI

Blazzin Reefer

Blazzin Reefer

Well its been a few years but im diving back into the hobby, pics coming soon. Start date 2-12-12 so excited!

Water tested good today at lfs so I added today; 2-25-12

10 mexican Hermit crabs

1 red/black legged Hermit crab

2 Turbo snails

1 Pepermint shrimp

1 Purple Firefish

2/28/2012

post-72589-1330493749_thumb.jpg

post-72589-1330493906_thumb.jpg

Blazzin Reefer
Cool...welcome back...I'm in the same boat. Tore down a 210 4 yrs ago and now working on a 24 nano cube.

Crazy I tore down a 180 gallon reef cause we had to move about three years ago! I cant wait to get some livestock!

I'll never go that big again.....24 is about 2 months in and I'm having a blast with it...couple DIY projects like refugium and lights and now the corals are coming...yeah....6 or 7 corals now and itching to get more lol

Blazzin Reefer
I'll never go that big again.....24 is about 2 months in and I'm having a blast with it...couple DIY projects like refugium and lights and now the corals are coming...yeah....6 or 7 corals now and itching to get more lol

My thoughts exactly! If everything goes good with my cube I will prob get a 60 gallon but baby steps. First things first rock this reef in the cube! I'm cycling right now so no fish but I cant wait!!!!

Blazzin Reefer

3-4-12 Well I did it! Started buying corals. Picked up a very nice piece of Green Star Polyps and a Torch coral. Added them yesterday and today they are both wide open and look awesome in tank! Also added a Watchman gobie paired with a shrimp. They are doing good Gobies is eating! Shrimp stays in hole under rock.

Blazzin Reefer
What's that pump in the center? I'd put in two koralia nanos, they're really good dispersed flows. Dr Foster's sale ends today!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=23591

Its called a Polario 7mlPolario 7MLGot it at lfs when I bought biocube. Its doing a very well job( I think). But can there be to much flow for a torch coral? Sometimes I think it may work a little to good! Coral is open and twice the size as it was at lfs. Its been in my tank for three days. Thanks for your help!

Blazzin Reefer

Here they are! This is all it will let me do at once more coming!

Torch & Green Star Polyps

post-72589-1331176829_thumb.jpgpost-72589-1331176729_thumb.jpgpost-72589-1331176682_thumb.jpg

What does everyone think of color and placement?

Thanks all!

Blazzin Reefer

Here is two under just the Kessil Blue LED.

post-72589-1331179225_thumb.jpgpost-72589-1331179237_thumb.jpgpost-72589-1331179274_thumb.jpg

MY BC 29G HQI model came with 150w MH bulb. Thinking about adding this blue led to the MH. Any thoughts?

Blazzin Reefer
Naice! :o

Thank you, some day I hope it looks more like yours. Your tank is outstanding!!!

Nice! Looks really good!

Thank you. I'm taking it slow to start. But have big plans. Your tank looks great I'm glad I got back into this. Seeing everybodys tanks is such an inspiration!!!!

Thank you. I'm taking it slow to start. But have big plans. Your tank looks great I'm glad I got back into this. Seeing everybodys tanks is such an inspiration!!!!

Thanks! I have a bit of a Cyano issue but it's slowly resolving. Other then that I love my 46 gallon baby! LMAO Most $$$$ thing I have ever owned! ;)

Blazzin Reefer
Thanks! I have a bit of a Cyano issue but it's slowly resolving. Other then that I love my 46 gallon baby! LMAO Most $$$$ thing I have ever owned! ;)

Cool I'm glad its going away. I here u on the $$$ I'm glad I went with 29G to keep cost down but still very expensive. If everything goes good with Biocube I may do a 60-100 gallon salt fish set up.

No not just fish! Go reef with the big tank! Make it your upgrade! I just live bigger tanks, and mine is nice but not HUGE as well.

My upgrade will be to a 70-75 whatever I can find a year or so down the road, more lights then as well! LMAO

Blazzin Reefer

I here u. I guess it depends on how much money i sink into this one, lol. I would love to set up a big one again its just cash. I had a 200g reef in the past and had about 10 grand into it and I dont want to get that deep again, hence 29G BC, LOL!!!

Looking great! I can't wait to see this develop! What is your plan for the final stock list? I'm wishing I had gone with the 29G now too! :P

Looks like the tank is coming along really nice.

There are times when I think I'd like to have a larger tank, but I don't think I could convonce the "better half" to go for it. ;)

Blazzin Reefer

Thank you! My better half is pushing me to do a bigger one and I don't have this one done yet. LOL

Looks like the tank is coming along really nice.

There are times when I think I'd like to have a larger tank, but I don't think I could convonce the "better half" to go for it. ;)

Your tank is awesome! What kind of clowns are those?

Thank you! My better half is pushing me to do a bigger one and I don't have this one done yet. LOL

Your tank is awesome! What kind of clowns are those?

Thanks, I've had it going since Sept. '06! I did have a tank crash on Jan. '11, due to a heater exploding in the rear chamber. Lost just about everything, including the bluespot jawfish, and had to start over again. My rockwork still looks the same, but I've gone mostly with SPS as far as corals go.

The clowns are ORAs' Picassos. I got these from my LFS before the Picasso craze became popular. They have been with me for well over 4 years and survived the tank crash.

I'm looking to make the switch from metal halide to LED. I have a retro set-up from Dave Fason coming in soon and I'm anxious to see how everything will look. I hope I don't lose any of my acro colonies due to bleaching!

Here's a more updated thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=basser1

Archived