Coral Vue Hydros

Cube of SPS!

swayd

Alright so Ive decided to finally start the build thread on my cubie.

Its a 25G cube 18"18"18 AIO. I purchased it from NR member ermartin a month ago and since have done the following.

Lighting

- 3x Bosst LED par 30(4 blue 1white)

Filtration

-AIO back chamber

-Filled with chemi-pure

-20-25lbs LR

Equipment

-Heater

-MP10

-DIY ATO

-DIY stand

-Knano 425

Livestock

-7 Acropora

-4 Montipora

-1 Acan

-Yellowhead Jawfish

-CUC

• 3 weeks later...

So no pics yet, Its been cycling for the past 3 weeks now. I havent done one thing to the tank. I havent even cleaned the glass. I am letting it cycle maybe one more week and I am going to start adding fish and stuff. Pods are here and they are everywhere! I will be ordering a reefcleaners order maybe this week or next and will be doing my first waterchange this weekend.

Equipment wise I am running:

Return pump

MP10

Koralia Nano

Oddyssea digital thermometer

Hydor Heater

3x boost led par30s

aquaticlife mini 115 skimmer

DIY ATO

and some sponge to cultivate some pods in the back chamber

Thamk you!

To be honest I dont know, I got it from my brother. The big giant piece is probably 5 years old and the rest he got maybe 3 years ago. All from different lfs around the bay lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

I added a few peices to this cube, I dont know if I mentioned it but I added a aquaticlife mini skimmer and it works great, I also added a DIY filterfloss basket.

As for livestock I have a few updates as well. I have finally added my first fish, a Yellow Watchman Goby and he is doing well except for the little bugger only eats frozen mysis! Im trying to wean him on to flakes but he refuses.

I recieved my Reefcleaners order and I couldnt be more content with it.

As for coral I have added a rainbow acan lord with 2 heads and at least 6 babies, it is doing very well at the bottom of the tank, I still think its too much light but we will see. I have also added a red monti and it is doing good so far. And the last addition was a frag of some monti digitata I added on sunday. I hope this little guy does well.

Thats all for now folks!

• 2 weeks later...
Can you adjust the white balance?

No I cant -_-

I picked up two new acros from Diablo corals out in Concord this weekend and I should be picking up a few more from a local reefer tonight :D

Pictures as soon as someone helps me out with this color balance thing lol

No I cant -_-

I picked up two new acros from Diablo corals out in Concord this weekend and I should be picking up a few more from a local reefer tonight :D

Pictures as soon as someone helps me out with this color balance thing lol

Can you borrow someone else's camera? :/ With LEDs white balance is important

How are they? I won some zoas from them at a frag swap a while back, but I've never been to the store

• 2 months later...

So I have not updated in a long long time now :(

So lets get started!

Livestock-

CUC

Sixline Wrasse

Coral-

9 acros

2 montipora

1 sunset montipora

1 5head rainbow acan

So everything was going great and then I had a small problem with redbugs! I dipped all coral and got rid of them for sure, this was about two months ago. Now everything is going just great, awesome growth and encrusting, and great polyp extension.

Today I was looking at my wonderful tank and holy $#!@ I see these damn little effers everywhere! FLATWORMS everywhere, how did I miss this? I dip everything and am always checking for pests. Then I notice a small aptaisa, then another and another!

I am pretty upset at this point and am thinking of tearing down the tank, putting corals in a QT and restarting this cube. What do you guys think?

Quick update:

New Yellowheaded Jawfish

Some params:

Calcium 460PPM

Nitrate 0 PPM

Phosphat 0.25 PPM

Alkalinity 143.2 PPM or 8dKH

Thanks Yoshii, havent heard from you in a while.

How do I get rid of these damn flatworms!

And I haven't seen you on here much

Get your nutrients down. Siphon them out during water changes and siphon out any detritus

Yoshiii, Ive been real busy and havent done much to my tanks! How are your tanks doing?

Nitrates are at 0 but the phosphates are reading .25!?

I will begin the long journey of siphoning them out through water changes!

Yoshiii, Ive been real busy and havent done much to my tanks! How are your tanks doing?

Nitrates are at 0 but the phosphates are reading .25!?

I will begin the long journey of siphoning them out through water changes!

Glad to see you back on NR :) They're doing good, mostly focused on my 55 right now

Are you having any algae issues?

And make sure you siphon out dirt behind rocks and such too, that really helps

Glad to see you back on NR :) They're doing good, mostly focused on my 55 right now

Are you having any algae issues?

And make sure you siphon out dirt behind rocks and such too, that really helps

Thank you, Im glad to be back lol...

No algae issues at all, Heck Im lucky If I have to clean the glass once a week!

That might be an issue as I only have about three huge rocks in there lol.

Thank you, Im glad to be back lol...

No algae issues at all, Heck Im lucky If I have to clean the glass once a week!

That might be an issue as I only have about three huge rocks in there lol.

Hmm, how old is your Phos test kit? What brand? When did you start seeing Phosphate readings?

Haha try your best?

I literally just bought it!

I think I need to do another test just to make sure!

I will but my new Jawfish keeps making a mess all over trying to find a suitable home lol!

I literally just bought it!

I think I need to do another test just to make sure!

I will but my new Jawfish keeps making a mess all over trying to find a suitable home lol!

Ok, then if it's correct you really do have phosphates, good thing you don't have algae!

Do you have SPS in this tank? If so, are they browned out?

Lol that's cute! I thought about getting a pair of Pearly Jawfish, they're working on me

Do you have a picture? :)

Yeah no algae and YESS I have muchos SPS, pretty much all I have except for my acans.. And no they are brighter than a pack of highlighter markers!

Mine is a little shy but I hope he will come around! Get one they are great, and no no pics all my pictures are toooo blue!

Ok so I am DIYing a "reactor" for my chemipure, and I was thinking If I could add some Biopellets in a small mesh bag in there as well.

I plan on running the chemipure in its mesh bag as well but would I be able to run both in seperate bags in the same reactor? If not its not a big deal I could just go and build another reactor if it turns out good.

This is all coming out of boredom and the need to build something, so its gunna look real ugly with all kinds of glue everywhere. As long as it works I will be happy lol.

Ok so I really effed up on the design for this dam reactor, so I went out and got some PVC. Should be ready in the AM.

• 2 weeks later...

So I picked up a ponape birdsnest and green birdsnest frag this weekend.

So I really need some movement/life in this tank!

what should I get next thats going to be fun to watch in my reef, right now I only have a bunch of acros and montis and my beloved pearly jawfish. I need something fun to watch!

Archived