Pod Your Reef

JBJ Unibody over Fluval Edge?

Allan M

Hi,

I just heard about this fixture and I would like to know if any of you have used it for Fluval Edge?

Is it possible to integrate it directly or are any modifications needed.

Hi,

I just heard about this fixture and I would like to know if any of you have used it for Fluval Edge?

Is it possible to integrate it directly or are any modifications needed.

Just did some research.

MarineDepot (

) posted: "Although the dimensions of the Unibody are only 8" long x 6" wide x 0.92" thick, the gooseneck is attached to the fixture itself and isn't a separate accessory. Since the Fluval Edge hood hides the filter, media baskets, etc., it's extremely unlikely the Unibody would fit even if it did fit, if that makes sense."

Sorry.

Just did some research.

MarineDepot (

) posted: "Although the dimensions of the Unibody are only 8" long x 6" wide x 0.92" thick, the gooseneck is attached to the fixture itself and isn't a separate accessory. Since the Fluval Edge hood hides the filter, media baskets, etc., it's extremely unlikely the Unibody would fit even if it did fit, if that makes sense."

Sorry.

:o(

So its not possible to remove the arm?

The Jbj Unibody will not fit directly under or on th Fluval Edge Hood.

I am currently modifying my hood to fit it, it will take cutting and im still at odd on what Ill do with the arm placement once the light fixture is seated. But im sure ill figure something out. When im done Ill post pics. If i dont shatter that crappy plastic in the process. Im looking at it now and Im sur you could remove the arm if you wanted.. I wouldnt advise it but you can take anything apart if you try hard enough..

Are you talking about the arm that holds the factory stock lighta? If so, it can easily be removed by removing the 4 screws in the arm.

I just got my Edge and I have yet to modify the lights.

I saw nanocustoms had a nice light that went in place of the factory lights.

I believe the nanocustoms is the same design as the JBJ Unibody but I do not know for sure. I am very curious to see if you can get the JBJ Unibody to fit inside the factory hood like the nanocustom lights does. If so, I will be buying the JBJ Unibody. Please post pics!

Thanks!

Here ya go, The Unibody wil not fit under the Hood, I took a dremel did some measuring and cut it to fit.

Made a slit in the back for the arm. Bought some Trim-Lok from a local place i used to work at and voila doesnt look too bad... Get it all in and F---in fan doesnt work. Now im sending it back.. awesome huh.. :angry: hope ya like it

751600b3.jpg

Latex-One,

Great idea!!! Thank you for that input.

Does the light cover the floor of the aquarium? Its not possible to see from the picture.

But nice way to incorporate the fixture.

Here ya go, The Unibody wil not fit under the Hood, I took a dremel did some measuring and cut it to fit.

Made a slit in the back for the arm. Bought some Trim-Lok from a local place i used to work at and voila doesnt look too bad... Get it all in and F---in fan doesnt work. Now im sending it back.. awesome huh.. :angry: hope ya like it

:hi5!: great solution!

Latex-One,

Great idea!!! Thank you for that input.

Does the light cover the floor of the aquarium? Its not possible to see from the picture.

But nice way to incorporate the fixture.

Yep covers the whole tank quite well! When I receive the new light and get this tank up and running. I'll start a thread of my own in the newbie section! :happy:

• 2 months later...

hey here is another way to add the unibody to the fluval edge. you can unscrew the gooseneck and just lay it in the back out of the way. I dremeled the back and used a heat gun to bend the flap up so that i could move it forward on the tank and still cover the pump.

post-71641-1333000806_thumb.jpg

post-71641-1333000859_thumb.jpg

post-71641-1333000876_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived