Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Donnie G's biocube 14

donnieG

So enough lurking, time to post my tank. It's been up and running since January 2011.

Hardware:

Biocube 14 w/ stock lighting 2 x 24 W PC

stealth 100 w heater

Mods:

cut the tab between chambers 1 & 2

InTank media basket with poly fiber pad on top, then purigen in the middle and lastly chemi pure elite on bottom

maxi jet 900

coming soon:

2 PAR38 lamps by Evil

custom glass top

Glazers skimmer from PicoAquariums.com

Flow

Koralia nano 240

Inverts:

3 Nassarius snails

1 black turbo

1 atlantic turbo

1 emerald crab

1 cleaner shrimp

1 peppermint shrimp

1 blue tuxedo urchin

Fish:

pair Ocellaris Clowns

Randall's Goby/ pistol shrimp pair

Corals:

Bubble Coral

Frogspawn

War Coral

Blue Favia

Open Brain

Duncan

Colored Brain

Ricordia

various zoas

lemme know what ya'll think. I'm admittedly not good when it comes to gluing and so forth so the frags were done poorly but they're actually growing over the rocks and the rock work is joined together poorly too but I'm redoing everything once the new lighting gets in. I'm no photographer but my wife is so maybe I can talk her into taking some shots when the PAR38s get in.

without further ado.... pichers

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

DSC_02931.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0473.jpg

doppelganger

haha love the pic of the urchin with the zoa's stuck to him. Nice bubble as well!

I'm a fan of the rock work

haha love the pic of the urchin with the zoa's stuck to him. Nice bubble as well!

Thanks guys! Yeah when I first saw the urchin had a hitchhiker I laughed and when he picked up the second I was rolling. I guess the zoas don't mind too much, they open up most of the day and the urchin runs laps around the tank so they get light from all sides.

I'm afraid the new PAR38's will fry the LPS with the current scaping, I might have to change it. The goby loves it though

do you ever have trouble with temps in the tank?

mine consistently runs too high w/ the stock lights producing so much heat and idk what to do about it...

do you ever have trouble with temps in the tank?

mine consistently runs too high w/ the stock lights producing so much heat and idk what to do about it...

I only had problems when the tank was in a room with too much sunlight. Temps would get to 80-81(one day they were 83) so I moved it into my living room which is generally cooler and gets less sunlinght. Temps are steady between 77-78. Next I'm going to remove the hood and stock lights, that should really cool things off as well.

Looking good.

Tank looks great!! I love the pic of the zoas on the urchin :D

Thanks !! I'll get some better ones up soon of the urchin. I don't have matt's skills though haha.

Archived