inTank Media Baskets

Boomer's 10g Nano

boomeraudio

boomeraudio

Just wanted to share a few pics (phone camera) of my tank. It's been up for a while and I just started getting into posting on forums. Let me know what you think!

Equipment List

Tank: 10g

Lighting: ZooMed REEFSUN 50/50 Mini Compact Fluorescent

Fuge: AquaTech HOB & Submersible

Heater: 100w Standard

Livestock

(2) Clarkii Clowns

(1) Watchman Goby

Coral

Frogspawn

Mushroom (Hitchhiker)

Pulsing Xenia

Green Favia

Lavender Mushroom

Star Polyp

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

I am really excited to be on this forum and have gotten some great feedback! Take a look and enjoy. Any ideas for future additions?

-Boomer

boomeraudio
i really like the pepper sand!

Thnx :). I saw it when I was originally building the tank and couldn't pass it up! It's different and I loved it. I'm glad you like it!

Thnx :). I saw it when I was originally building the tank and couldn't pass it up! It's different and I loved it. I'm glad you like it!

i actually have a similar effect. i have black sand and when i added my dry rock bits and pieces fell off into my sand bed. black sand with white specks thrown on there hahah

boomeraudio
Nice :) That favia is really green!

Will the heater fit in the HOB?

Unfortunately no...I have a WTB ad in the hardware classifieds. I am looking for a AC 70 or 110 to mod. So that will be taken care of and out of the tank.

Until then I just have to deal with it.

I am waiting on an ecoxotic LED stunner strip to show up this week too. I am really excited!

boomeraudio
Digging the Favia, it's so green lol.

Good luck with the clarkiis, they can get pretty large.

Yeah they are extremely small now. I have seen others at the LFS that are pretty big. My bio-load is just 2 clarkiis and a watchman. I am going to get a cleaner shrimp like yours I think too.

I am also awaiting LED's and will post new pics when they arrive. Thanks for looking at the tank!

boomeraudio

Any tips on taking pictures with a phone cam for LED shots? They have really enhanced the tank and I want you all to see.

Any tips on taking pictures with a phone cam for LED shots? They have really enhanced the tank and I want you all to see.

Depending on your phone, you could download an application that lets you adjust the white balance on your camera (that would make a big difference) or look in the settings of the camera for it.

Random question...is your 100w heater keeping your temps stable (I got a 100w for my 11.4 and I just wanted to make sure it would be adequate). BTW, nice looking frogspawn :)

boomeraudio
Depending on your phone, you could download an application that lets you adjust the white balance on your camera (that would make a big difference) or look in the settings of the camera for it.

Random question...is your 100w heater keeping your temps stable (I got a 100w for my 11.4 and I just wanted to make sure it would be adequate). BTW, nice looking frogspawn :)

Yep my heater is doing fine. It keeps the temp around 78-80. I haven't had any trouble with it and the consistency is great.

Thanks for the advice with pictures. I am excited to post new ones! I have made a significant amount of changes to the tank since the last post. I will be posting pics soon!

:)

• 3 months later...

Hey NR,

It has been quite a while since my last post. My tank crashed and I got really discouraged :(. I have since decided to re-establish the tank and start over. So here's the scoop!

Equipment -

Filter: AquaTech HOB

Lighting: ZooMed 50/50 Florescent/Actinic & a Blue Stunner Strip LED

Skimmer: BioCube Skimmer

Heater: 100w Standard

Other: Koralia Nano 240

Livestock -

(2) Ocellaris Clowns

So I re-cycled my tank and started all over again. I am excited because I have learned a lot since my last journey and I am ready to spend more time than ever. Here are a few updated pictures of where I am at now. I just placed an order from mrcoral.com for a bunch of nice frags which I am ready to grow as well!

Let me know what you all think or if anyone has any questions!

FTSLED:

FTSLED.jpg

FTS1:

FTS1.jpg

FTS2:

FTS2.jpg

-John

Yeah they are extremely small now. I have seen others at the LFS that are pretty big. My bio-load is just 2 clarkiis and a watchman. I am going to get a cleaner shrimp like yours I think too.

I am also awaiting LED's and will post new pics when they arrive. Thanks for looking at the tank!

all i have in my cube is a wrasse

I'm just keeping the clowns in it now. Too much of a bio load to do anymore than that. I am really into the reef idea too. Any suggestions?

• 2 years later...

Archived