ReefCleaners.org

Ljungbergs Aqua Medic Yasha 9.5gal Nano Reeftank

ljungberg

Bought myself a little present today after downsizeing from my 113gal optiwhite reef tank.

I don´t know If anyone here at Nano-Reef runs a Yasha tank yet, so I will explain in text and pictures what the tank is. Have just seen it on the Internet and not at the store so I ordered it unseen IRL.

The technical pars:

*Aquarium 30X39,5X30mm

*Nanoprop 5000 (streamer)

*Turboflotor 500 (skimmer)

*Ledlight 3X3watt (looking for optional lightning)

*JBL Protemp S50 (heater)

Live things:

*Live stones

*Some corals

*shrimp

*2 clows

*Hermit crabs

*Snails

*Live sand

The Yasha is a pretty neat package that runs great just out of the box. A skimmer that is superb and quiet. A streamer that is remote set into 4 different speeds (6, 7.5, 9 and 12volt). Great seals at the edges of the glas and a sleek Led light solution that contains 9 watts. I don´t know the retail price in the states but in Europe it is around 300-500 Euros, depends where You buy It.

Some Pictures of the tank, just started up today;

The box

klar1-1.jpg

The tank on It´s location

klar2-1.jpg

Filter compartment

klar3-1.jpg

The skimmer and streamer on place

klar4-1.jpg

Testing the Leds

klar5-1.jpg

Skimmer runs perfectly just out of the box

klar7.jpg

The tank up running

klar6.jpg

Will take more and better photos later during time of the tank. I can really recommend this tank to users. The only thing that needs to be looked over is the lightning. I will try to find the same holders for the led lamps and instead of 3 watts use 12 watts or something like that.

Regards

Johan

Stockholm

Sweden

Yeah you're right, I don't think there are any other ones on here. Neat little setup. Aqua Medic is awfully pricey though...

Yes It´s not cheap but one of the best out of the box aquariums I have seen. The skimmer is awesome and a heavy duty streamer. I got it real cheap from the store as the first tester for the aquarium.

Now I just need more lights :-) any good looking holders for a 12W led lamp out there?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

First of all thanks a lot because it's the only one topic on the yasha nano reef tank that I have find on the net!

I think about buying the same product and I'll follow the life of yours really often.

Don't hesitate to post lot of pictures (to see the evolution of your nano) and say what you're thinking about your tank (lot of noise?...)

See ya and good luck :)

Yarrick (from France)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally someone with a yasha tank.

I've got mine since a week, just started it up yesterday.

Let me know if you find some holders for the 12w led lamp...

Wow! This is really the only review for this aquarium (yasha nano) and I am really interested in having one.

I saw you have clownfish in your setup. How is the water quality holding? Is the setup stable? I'm planning to have a pair of dwarf seahorses in it but I've not really decided on that. I only seem to find this nano in online shops that do not really say anything about it. What is your experience with it? How would you review it?

Thank you for posting these with all those pics. You really are the first to have a thread on the Yasha nano!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Have been working quite much lately :-) The tank is stable with the clowns and just a few corals. The original led lamps have worked just fine but If someone wants to go for corals that demands better light I suggest to swap them.

Im very pleased with the tank so far :-) Will post up more picturs later.

• 3 months later...
cerberus1977

I've been looking at doing the exact same setup as you have here.

Can you tell me how you went about setting up the tank? e.g. how long before you added the fish.

Also any tips are welcome, and maybe some more pictures of the current state ?

• 9 months later...

Really thinking of buying this tank... seems you have had it for a little while... any pros and cons you can share?

Archived