Top Shelf Aquatics

Custom Vortech MP10 Dry Mount/Dock

pweissma

:) I contacted Glass-Holes to make me a custom dry mount for my MP10 so I could put it in the third chamber of my Solana. For $25 Glass-Holes quickly built to my specifications and shipped a very well constructed box. I chose the third chamber over the second because it works better with my aquascaping and I need to access the second chamber frequently for maintenance.

I specified inside dimensions of 2.25"x2.75" giving an extra 1/4" on the sides and front to back. I had it made of 3/16" acrylic as this thickness plus the thickness of the bulkead seperating the display from the sump gives the min thickness to NOT use the foam MP10 spacer. The height is 7.75" which lets the box sit on the return nozzle and go up to top of the bulkhead. It's held in place by the MP10's magnet.

Originally I gave Glass-Holes a wrong address. Without question they made and shipped a new dry box to me. When the original was returned to them, they mailed it to me as well.

:mellow::lol:B)

post-48803-1293813405_thumb.jpg

post-48803-1293813415_thumb.jpg

post-48803-1293813428_thumb.jpg

post-48803-1293813439_thumb.jpg

I'm confused as to how this concept works. :huh:

While I don't own a MP10, I know you need to keep the dry side dry, and it allows for placement of the mp10 on the back wall. But how does this box affect flow of the filtration and flow in the back chambers of AIO's? Where does the water go, does it go around the box?

Pretty cool, but why would you hide the vortech in the back? It doesn't matter where you put it since it's efficient no matter where it's place. Personally, I would make sure my vortech can be seen if I spend that much money on it B)

Pretty cool, but why would you hide the vortech in the back? It doesn't matter where you put it since it's efficient no matter where it's place. Personally, I would make sure my vortech can be seen if I spend that much money on it B)

Kids, if for no other reason.

I'm confused as to how this concept works. :huh:

While I don't own a MP10, I know you need to keep the dry side dry, and it allows for placement of the mp10 on the back wall. But how does this box affect flow of the filtration and flow in the back chambers of AIO's? Where does the water go, does it go around the box?

Couple things. First the there is over ten inches of water under the box and the water level in the back of the solana is fairly low so the water only comes up a few inches on the box. Second thing is that the third chamber, where I have the box and mp10 motor, houses the return pump and little else. The box doesn't create any problems.

Archived