Top Shelf Aquatics

Carloslekak's 24g AIO

Carloslekak

This Resun was my original tank until I decided to upgrade it to a 28gNC amd since then it's been semi-empty, I did keep the original sand bed running with water and some LR rubble that was there previously.

I wanted to do an L.E.D. Nano so I could have 1 MH, 1 T5 and 1 L.E.D each and see the differences and of course be able to have different types of fish and corals.

Lighting: It will have 3 Par 38's, 2 are already on it, 1 455nm with 40deg lenses and 1 12k with 40deg lenses. The third will be an Evil66's Par 38 in 20K with 60deg lenses.

Equipment: Maxi 1200 return pump + stock return pump. AquaticLife Internal mini-skimmer and a Nano Koralia

Filtration: 20 pounds of Live Sand and 22 pounds of live rock. The back chambers have 1.Filter Floss 2. Skimmer 3. LR Rubble and Cheato 4. Return Pumps

Current Livestock

1. Yasha/Pistol pair

2. Harlequin Shrimp pair

3. Tailspot goby

4. Neon green frogspaen

5. 2 Mini Maxis

6. Various chalices

7. Reefkoi LE orange Monti

8. ORA Blue Bottlebrush

9. Neon Dottyback

1st day Shots

_DSC00071.jpg

_DSC00041-2.jpg

_DSC00081.jpg

Current FTS

DSC_00111.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Carlos! Good to see another neighbor around :P Looks good but I'd raise those PAR38's to cover the entire tank. Just two PAR38 should be plenty of light for that tank and raising them will prevent that spot lighting.

How do you like LEDs so far? check me out sometime.

Added some of new corals, A Harlequin Shrimp pair( My second one, woot!) and a Tail Spot Blenny, they are really hard to come by where I live so I had to have him and almost fought some dude for it... nevertheless he was pissed...Cause it's mine!! Still gotta pick up my Geometric Pigmy Hawk( actually an anthias) but behaves like a hawk fish and looks like one too!

Current Livestock:

Tailspot Blenny

Harlequin Shrimp Pair

Some Chalices

3 heads of amazing looking Neon Green Frogspawn from Reefgoddess

ORA Blue Bottlebrush fragged from his older bigger brother

two tiny but beautiful Maxi Minis also from Reefgoddess

ReefKoi LE Orange Monti with super mega green polyp hitchhiker

New Pitcherzzz

DSC_00301.jpg

DSC_00251.jpg

DSC_00221.jpg

DSC_00211.jpg

DSC_00341.jpg

Hi Carlos! Good to see another neighbor around :P Looks good but I'd raise those PAR38's to cover the entire tank. Just two PAR38 should be plenty of light for that tank and raising them will prevent that spot lighting.

How do you like LEDs so far? check me out sometime.

Me likey the Led's A LOT, it's the MH Shimmer without the heat and although a a lot of people say they are missing some reds and other colors, I don't mind at all Led's make coral very pretty!

Now about the Par 38s, In the original Pic I had only two Par 38s One was a 12K and the other was a 455nm both with 40 deg lenses and both from ecoxotic it was nice and all but then I ordered the Evil 20K Par 38, as soon as I set it up I went ahead and bought two more from Nanotuners, so far it runs much cooler than the ecoxotic bulbs and the color is just amazing!! If you check out the other pic you can see I raised the 12k much higher in the center and then I have the 455nm(40deg lens) on the left and the Evil 38(60deg lens) on the right.

As soon as the other two evil 20ks come in ill be taking out the ecoxotics.... I'll probably keep em for a rainy day(bored and setting up a quick 3g Pico, although i'm already on their T5/LED hybrid setup)

B)

Evil and Nick and the other guys are great, they really work hard on this stuff and treat customers very well!!

Archived