smaller awsome frogspawn

DSCN3329.jpg

fishy

DSCN3326.jpg

strange coral

DSCN3338.jpg

my birdsnest

loving my tank who diggs it too??? :lol:

Cool. If you don't like the white rock, don't use it. The pound per gallon rule is more of a guideline. However, with less rock, you should keep a light bio-load.

Hey I was actually going to compliment your aquascape even prior to reading that you don't like the rock on the right. I recently redid my aquascape, and my rock on the right seems to block my central corals much more than yours.

IMHO I wouldn't move a thing in your tank. You have created some excellent ledges, and a very cool cave.

thax its just the begging for me and my tank one the cycle is over im pretty shure that, that white rock wont be so white any more and im ganna cover it hopefilly with zonathids.

* Original post starts here *

I am really sorry these are bad pics but the light for my tank is not the 14k metal hallide(it soon will me though)

DSCN2954.jpg

this is my tank with me just useing a desk light im poor ok im only 15yrs old

DSCN2952.jpg

here is the back chambers of my tank with my jager heater and maxi jet and media basket

DSCN2951.jpg

this is my aquascape i hate the white rock on the right cause it is blocking a way better rock but i need more than 20 lbs

DSCN2954.jpg

here is the right side of my tank you can see thr nicer rock thats being blocked in this one

DSCN2953.jpg

this is my last pic whats cool is that is all one rock and it is hollow on the inside so fish can hide their. plzz post any comments or criticisms thx,

aund

Well in about a week and a half into my cycle this weekend im getting a 150watt meatal halied light but now im starting to think what would be a good solid easy fish to put in my tank that looks awsome and does not have a huge bio load any suggestions??? ps my fist coral is going to be a zoanthid i already know that and dont worry im not adding any of these till the cycle is over.

bump

Honestly, I have had great luck starting with a damsel. They are cheap, brightly colored, and they won't die. If your tank has any problems after your cycle, the damsel will probably be just fine.

...You will probably just want to return it to the LFS when you want to upgrade to some more fish. They can be very territorial in a 12 gallon tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out LGreens fish guide in the beginners forum. Any thing fits in the smaller tanks will have a lower bioload. Fire fish are good. I hate to admite it but gobys are a good place to start. Or maybe something like a yasha hashi there nice. Main ? Is how peaceful does it need to be.

Just got my 1st test results in heres what they are,

PH-8.0

Ammonia-0ppm

Nitrite-0ppm

Nitrate-20ppm

Please tell me what you think

I got sume new sweet pics of my tank post cycle!!!

DSCN3075.jpg

my new 150 watt metal halide light

DSCN3073.jpg

DSCN3072.jpg

DSCN3071.jpg

my sweet new emrald crab

DSCN3070.jpg

DSCN3069.jpg

DSCN3068.jpg

DSCN3067.jpg

DSCN3066.jpg

DSCN3065.jpg

hermits!!

DSCN3061.jpg

DSCN3060.jpg

Ganna get more sh*t for my tank soon enough, post sum picks when i get em.

Please post any comments or questions

emerald crab evil, total work horse but, still evil. keep an eye on him. one wrong move & to the freezer.

the tank is never really cycled, its more that its nitrogen cycle has found a point of balance. your job is to keep it that way. true cycle is many steps long leading to a climax community then it collapses. starting the hole thing over, if you have not maintained the biodiversity preventing this final step. good luck with that. :P

stock slowly. should be fine. remember nothing that eats bugs ( that means crabs, hermits. thing that sift the sand).

well truthfully i dont think hermits eat bristol worms and neater do most crabs so im still not sure what you r talking about im not trying to be sarcastic or anything i just would like to know what you mean.

just did a water change and my saltanity lvls in the tank are between1.024-1.025 is that bad or good i know its suppost to be around 1.023ish

1.024 is fine as long as you keep it at a constant level it is worse for the tank if it jumps from high to low to high again than it would be having a slightly high salinity level. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Pics!!!!

DSCN3205.jpg

my fishey

DSCN3204.jpg

some new xzenia

DSCN3199.jpg

my kenya

DSCN3202.jpg

my zoas

DSCN3200.jpg

my whole tank

DSCN3207.jpg

another

DSCN3208.jpg

strane alge and coraline alge

Their is my tank good huh :)

as to salinity any where between 23 - 26 is good. 25 is what most good salts are set for you too mix them to.

bugs would be pretty much anything from pods up to large worms but yeah not much will go after bristle worms. its more things like spaghetti worms, amphipods & such.

my personal feelings on the emerald crab is based on the fact that I lost a helfrick to one.

Archived