Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

20L Frag Tank - The second one

frickenfragger

frickenfragger

Well when I broke down and converted all my nano tanks into one 90 and one 58 I was without a frag tank. I though I was going to keep them all on racks in the displays. Well 6 racks and over 100 frags later I have no room and no open sand (filled with frags). So to the disappointment of my wife I am setting up another frag tank. Here it goes.

Tank - All Glass 20L

Light - Aquatic Life 30" 4X24 T5 (ordered)

Bulbs - 2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 Aquablue Special, 1 KZ Fiji Purple (ordered)

Filtration - AC70 Modded to Fuge and AC70 with Foam Pad amd ChemPure Elite

Water Movement - Vortech MP10 (ordered)

Heater - Jager 100W

LR - 10lbs (need)

LS - none

Fish

Wrasse (cryptic 6 line maybe)

blenny of some sort

Here is the tank with the 2 AC70's and heater, and a little RO that over ran last night.

P2250059.jpg

Modded AC70

P2250061.jpg

P2250060.jpg

frickenfragger
Man frag tanks are so cool. Like the modded ac70 also.

Thanks, it was really easy to do and used only the parts that came with it.

Thanks, it was really easy to do and used only the parts that came with it.

What media do you plan on running in the AC70 (if any at all)

When you put the baffle piece in did you seal all around?

love frag tanks! I haven't even got my main display tank set up yet and I'm already planning on a frag tank! will be watching and learning from this!

frickenfragger
What media do you plan on running in the AC70 (if any at all)

When you put the baffle piece in did you seal all around?

Media I will run the foam block that comes with it, and chempure elite in the stock AC70, In the modded no media, just cheato.

Yes I did seal all around the baffle and also snipped two of the impeller blades in half for a little slower flow.

love frag tanks! I haven't even got my main display tank set up yet and I'm already planning on a frag tank! will be watching and learning from this!

Thanks, I learned a lot looking at other peoples frag tanks prior to my first one, then learned even more by mistake on the first one, this one should be good to go, I hope.

Looks awesome.

That's the exact same bulb combo I want on my Aquaticlife 24" T5 fixture. I just got it yesterday and hate the stock bulbs.

frickenfragger
Looks awesome.

That's the exact same bulb combo I want on my Aquaticlife 24" T5 fixture. I just got it yesterday and hate the stock bulbs.

Thanks for the looks awsome comment, as for the bulbs, when I buy a light now I buy the ati and kz bulbs at the same time. Not only the look, but the extra growth I get from my corals is well worth the extra money for the bulbs.

Looks like my Vortech should be here on Tuesday, no word on the light and bulbs yet. I plan on working on the frag racks tonight and when I do my water change on Sun fill up the tank and start the filters and heater.

frickenfragger

Frag racks have been painted. I decided this time to go with 3 different heights, in three seperate pieces. In my last tank it was highest in back and lowest in front. This will be highest in the middle, and a lower level on each side. I think this will hold more frags and in a better way. I will try to get pics up tomorrow.

frickenfragger

OK, frag racks, water, heater, AC70 modded, AC70 standard all up and running. Should have the vortech tomorrow, and the lights were on back order so should be shipping end of this week or start of this.

FragTankRunning.jpg

I like your racks.

If I were gonna make frag racks I'd make them exactly like that.

(I'm actually serious about that. :) )

frickenfragger
I like your racks.

If I were gonna make frag racks I'd make them exactly like that.

(I'm actually serious about that. :) )

Thanks, I learned from my two previous designs in my other frag tank.

• 1 year later...

Archived