Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Is my Blenny Fat?

nebthet

I can't believe how big this guys' belly is.... I want him keep nipping at all the algae and I keep wondering if he will eat himself to death.

He poops just fine.. so I know he isn't constipated.

blennyfat02-16-2010.jpg

Your thoughts?

That is the fattest blennie I've ever seen!!!! Don't worry about it, once he gets the algae under control he will slim out and then grow notably longer.. As long as he doesn't POP first!!!

That is what I am worried about.. I don't want him to "pop". But obviously he is happy in my tank.. doesn't bother my baby clowns either.

That is what I am worried about.. I don't want him to "pop". But obviously he is happy in my tank.. doesn't bother my baby clowns either.

lol only happens to goldfishes...

meganistkrieg

Just happened to see this subject line on the front page and went whaaaaa...?

Glad I clicked. Hilarious. More pics!! I want to poke his tummy! :P

LebaneseDlight

My Golden Tongan Blenny is basically the yellow version of your blenny - SAME body, eyes, etc. He gets as fat as yours from time to time, then slims down when the GHA is better under control. But even "slim", he ALWAYS has a round belly. I've had mine for 1.5 years and he hasn't "popped" yet ;)

GT.. how do you tell the difference between a male and female blenny? I saw somewhere that there are different sized anal spins, but then I got all confused trying to look.

Archived