Cultivated Reef

Marineland Double Bright LED Light Fixture

dpcamp

Marineland Double Bright LED Light Fixture

I'm trying to figure out why this is so cheap. The specs states that this puts off 450 Lumens. Is that sufficient for a 12g reef tank? it's about 12-14" high.

NVM after some more searching i found this:

Marineland LED Aquarium Lights have a double row of 6K LED Daylight bulbs and a single center row of 60mw Blue LED’s. This is has similar light intensity of a twin tube strip light but uses less energy. Good for Fish Only marine tanks or Freshwater low light planted tanks (crypts, anubis, java fern etc). It could also be an excellent light for a refugium system, but is not intended as a reef lighting system. The LED's provide better color rendering and the natural shimmer effect found in much more expensive halide light systems. Each LED is rated one watt and produces 80 lumens of output. There are three models an 18”L with 12 LED’s, a 24”L with 18 LED’s and a 36”L with 24 LED’s. The fixture is a very low profile design, about ¾” Tall and 5” Wide. Both ends of the light have extendable wire leg supports that allow the three fixtures to expand to fit 24”, 36” and 48”L tanks respectively. The legs can also be totally removed and the light can be place directly onto a glass canopy for an even lower profile. This light has a single power cord and a single switch that allows either ALL LED’s ON, just the ACTINIC LED’s (for simulated moonlight) or OFF. The LED's are designed to last 17,000 hours to the point where they are 70% as bright as they were when turned on for the first time. Under normal operations this means over or 5 years of lighting your tank before the light should be replaced, saving replacement cost for bulbs of around $340.

although now that i think about it.. maybe i could retro some supplemental LEDs on it..

Archived