Pod Your Reef

nano cube 28 hqi

clownfish14

Hey guys i need some expert help i have a nano cube hqi that i got about a week ago i used ro water to fill it up and put live sand and rock in it i tested the water and it was fine so i got 2 green chromis damsilfish to start the cycle off its going very good i need some help with the filter i knew from the start i was going to get rid of the all in one filter and i wanted to put in a fuge with micro alge and live rock but i need help with figuring out how

All tips are greatly appreciated and will be considered

thanks clownfish141

thanks for the reply do you know any lights that would work?

and should i put it in now or should i wait until the cycle is over?

Hey guys i need some expert help i have a nano cube hqi that i got about a week ago i used ro water to fill it up and put live sand and rock in it i tested the water and it was fine so i got 2 green chromis damsilfish to start the cycle off its going very good i need some help with the filter i knew from the start i was going to get rid of the all in one filter and i wanted to put in a fuge with micro alge and live rock but i need help with figuring out how

All tips are greatly appreciated and will be considered

thanks clownfish141

Hey, Clownfish:

I have the same tank, and I drew up a diagram, to replace your center-chamber filter with a refugium. You can also see this very discussion at the end of the thread on Colione's thread here (go to page 3):Thread Re Nano Cube HQI Refugium.

Also, check out my diagram here...it explains it all...However, I may just use Chaeto, and not live sand and live rock in the sump because I will have 42 lbs of live rock in my display tank and 28 lbs of live sand in the display tank. Note that you will remove the center filter cartridge and probably toss the activated carbon in another chamber, to make the water crystal clear. Good luck!

Let me know what you decide to do. Hope this helps!

Thanks.

2009-10-12FugeDiagram-NanoCube.jpg

Archived