Coral Vue Hydros

JB 2.6 Gal Pico Reef with cree LED light

bxz

Our 2.6G pico, running for 2 and a half month now.

* 2.6Gal glass cube

* aqua clear 50

* custom made 6Cree LED light

* 1 blue Devil Damsel

* Zoa

* Ricorda

* Mushroom

53.jpg

54.jpg

Here's the video link, click the "Videos" and then "PicoReef"

JB 2.6 Pico Video

Thx for reading :)

you have something bigger to put the damsel in after it outgrows this tank right?

I'm pretty sure you need at least a 10 gallon tank for them as they are very active. I wouldn't keep my yellowtail in anything less than a 20, he's constantly swimming.

will take some shot tonight.

Very nice. Can you post pics of the LED fixture?

It's 20cmx20cmx25cm, about 2.6Gal

Looks nice, what are the dimensions?

Yes, I have a 34gal solana. It'll probably go there later on.

you have something bigger to put the damsel in after it outgrows this tank right?

I'm pretty sure you need at least a 10 gallon tank for them as they are very active. I wouldn't keep my yellowtail in anything less than a 20, he's constantly swimming.

Some spec about the LED:

3 CW Cree Q5, 3 RB in series running at 1A

Meanwell ELN-30-24

24v 3.5inch fan

12v Voltage regulator

Hard Disk heatsink

Clear Acrylic used for splash guard

The fan running at 24v was just too loud, so I cut it to 12V using the regulator, almost silent. The heatsink runs very cool. All in all it uses one power supply(meanwell) for everything.

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

I got it at frys.

thats an awesome light you got there. where can i find a heatsink like that? looks cool.

yes, i adjust the SVR2 to make sure they stay at 1a.

So you're running those LEDs at max?

Watch out for bleaching. LEDs are very powerful. In a tank that small, you may start noticing corals actually getting smaller because of too much light.

Thx evil for the warning, especially the wonderful LED guide that made this possible. I'll keep a close eye on that. I will be easily switching to use a P or D version later on since all my connections use molex connector.

Watch out for bleaching. LEDs are very powerful. In a tank that small, you may start noticing corals actually getting smaller because of too much light.

yeah evil is right... my ricordea before shrunk from a quarter to a dime... but after i placed it in the darkest part of my tank it was 2 times bigger.

I ordered the Cree LEDs from one of the group buy here, meanwell from powergate, fan and heatsink from local electronics store.

Nice tank!

I was jusyt wondering were you order the parts from for the led lighting?

U guys are right, I found the GSP frag I put in the pico is really small compared with those in my big tank, I turned down the current to 770ma today, we'll see.

yeah evil is right... my ricordea before shrunk from a quarter to a dime... but after i placed it in the darkest part of my tank it was 2 times bigger.

Archived