Pod Your Reef

Bonese's Cube

bonese

Tank specifics:

• 24G Nanocube
  • Lighting: 20" 150W Sunpod with Phoenix 14k bulb with 12
  • Skimmer: AquaC Remora with MJ 1200
  • Return Pump: Upgraded to an MJ1200
  • Fuge: Middle chamber gutted and modified with live sand, live rock and chaeto
    • Fuge lighting - Current Powerbrite Ultra White LED's

[*]Flow: Vortech MP-10

Lighting schedule:

• LED's: ON = 10am OFF = 10pm
  • MH: ON = 11am OFF 8pm
  • Fuge Light (LED's) Reverse cycle 9pm-9am

Stock:

• Pair ORA Black Ocellaris
  • Cleaner Shrimp
  • Yasha Goby

Corals:

Non-Photosynthetic:

• Colony of Sun Polyp's

LPS:

• Frogspawn
  • AOGish morph
  • Pink Polyps
  • Green Center Polyps
  • Purple Deaths
  • Acan Lords

SPS:

• Purple Cap
  • Sour Apple Green Cap
  • Orange Cap
  • LE Tyree Sunset Monti
  • Teal Staghorn Mini Colony
  • Bali Green Slimer

Dosing:

• Brightwell's Cal and Alk (10 ml Daily)
  • Brightwell's Mag. 5 ml every 3 days

So the story is as such ... the tank was set up for 9 months ... but was very unhappy with the way things were looking ... I came across this member who was somewhat local to me ... I am sure you know him ... DCG1286 ... I took a chance to see if he would come over and give me some advice to see what I was doing and maybe to correct a few things. Well in the end we both decided to break the tank down ... and start over from scratch. So for 5 hours yesterday that is what we did ... Removed the rock ... removed the DSB I had originally placed ... the tank was gutted ... taken to the shower and after spilling a ton of water on the floor ... fixed it up, modded a few things then placed back on the stand.

BTW side note ... this is DCG1286 typing this story ... hahahahahaha ... as was requested by Tim (Bonese). :D

Anyways ... pics to come in just a few!

Tim - Enjoy your new killer set up bro. ;)

OMG ... Tim ... you finally got this thread up and running?! DAMN!!! That's awesome!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!! I know it looked damn good when I left last night ... you get wasted afterwards? lol. Thanks again for the MJ600 ... my ATO is back up and running! :D

wow...big difference :)

great job tim, i mean dave, i mean tim, i mean dave...LOL

either way i love the aquascape...can't wait to see it fully loaded with dave's frags, i mean corals :)

DUDEEEEEEEEE ... That tank looks awesome and there is nothing even in it yet!!! I love how it came out!!! :D BTW take out the filter floss I put in ... no need for it anymore ... :D

MP-10 comes within a few hours DCG. Just have to go pick up that little beasty and then we can have no more ugly K's. I will definitely be posting pictures tonight to keep you posted.

SO Stoked.

Hell yeah dude!!! I can't wait to see it up and running! I got to make another trip out to you soon and see it all set up!

Remember the dry end is called the dry end for a reason ;)

Lol, my other dry end is somewhere, I think the mandarin must be making a house in it or something.

LMAO ... the Mandarin ... that magically disappeared from your tank right? That was sooo funny ... she was so pissed when she found out it wasn't in there!

David the tank is looking better and better couldn't and cant thank you enough for everything. I'm interested to hear your SPS ideas as I'm gathering my LPS sand bed as planned :)

David the tank is looking better and better couldn't and cant thank you enough for everything. I'm interested to hear your SPS ideas as I'm gathering my LPS sand bed as planned :)

No need to thank me ... just erect a statue in my honor ;) Kidding ................... sort of ;)

Get your a$$ over here and pick :D lol

I ordered my clean up crew from Reefcleaners.org, What an amazing website for your CUC members. Seriously the best prices and best service you can get. Also I ordered 2 ORA Black Percs and I can not wait for them to get here.

Update: This morning i recieved my reefcleaners.org package and let me tell you, The reviews are all true excellent quality and theyre burying in the sand as we speak. John it was a pleasure doing buisness with you and thanks for all the extra dwarf cerith! Really much appreciated.

With that being said, today also comes the Liveaquaria.com box, which is also just as exciting as the snails. Todays like christmas for me, its great. Pics to come tonight.

Haven't updated in a while and I'm in between classes. Heres some 5 minute pictures. Hopefully soon I'll have some time to sit down and mess around with everything.

That about does it for now as I have to head back to class. Hopefully I'll get around to taking better pictures sooner rather than later.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ryan - I would be down to do a trade in a bit. I'm trying to just get all of my frags in place to start my grow out. I don't really like touching things in the tank to mess around but are you looking for anything in particular? I need some sweet acans for the front right. Let me know if you know where to go or how to get some or if you have any to trade.

Small update: I'm going to try a different local to pick up some more Acro's today. Yesterday I went to a pretty far LFS, found out no more bi-onic would be carried so I have to start to switch over to the Brightwell's. I picked up a interesting Maxima (?) [Don't kill me on the ID.] It was the only lighter colored of the lot so I decided to snag it in hopes of getting a sweet color out of it (Please Let it turn Green.)

Pictures will come soon, I've been lazy.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick Update [so I remember when I got what]

Ordered two frags from Frankenreef. Very Easy to work with and he replied to all PM's quickly. He was helpful and I'm very excited to get my frags. Newest Editions: 3 polyp Lunar Eclipse, 2 Polyp Bam Bams.

Archived