ReefCleaners.org

ATTN: John Hoang @ Advanced Acrylics

fastandsneaky

fastandsneaky

As promised I am deleting this since I have come to resolution. He did contact me but thanks to the advice on the forums I have decided to file on a claim with Chase and they gave me back the money the next day.

patrick1234
So after waiting two weeks since you told me that I will receive my refund of 855.75 from my acrylic 40 gallon breeder, sump, sock holder, and frag tank. I am finally done. I tried to be nice and allow time for the refund but since you are screening my calls, I am left with no choice. I even sent you a few e-mails asking you about the refund and you chose not to reply to them. If you never intended to send me my refund, you should at least send me the product you say is done but highly doubt you ever completed. It is too late, since I am going to Chase (JP Morgan) tomorrow and filing a claim since you never returned my email or phone calls. Hanging up on me after calling you from a different number was very pathetic.

Here is the list of how the transactions went:

May 15, 2009: 450.00 sent for 40 gallon breeder/sump

May 15, 2009: 205.00 sent for 40 gallon breeder/sump

May 24, 2009: 24.75 for top for 40 gallon breeder

June 11, 2009: 175.00 for frag tank

And today it is July 24, 2009 and I have not received neither the products nor refund promised. If you ran into problems, I would understand since I have bought from you before but screening my calls is ridiculous. With my family problems and driving 7 hours up to Wisconsin and sleeping in the parking lot of a Wal-mart in Rhinelander this is the least of my worries.

I want you (John Hoang) to contact me either way phone or email either apologizing or explaining your actions. If you did not want to give me my refund you should have at least sent me my products that I paid for. I am going to post this on several forums, in hope that friends of John Hoang and people that have bought from him can ask him what is going on and relay that information to me.

I am going to bump this thread everyday around the same time to let everyone know what type of business you run so people do not run into the same situation as me. However, if and when you contact me, I will retract this post and save the little reputation you have.

P.S. After coming back to Illinois, this afternoon, I got a call from my dad's doctor saying that only 15% of the people with his condition actually survive more than 18 months. So do you honestly I even give a crap anymore? Just explain yourself and everything will be good.

So please if you talk to John please ask him to contact me Thomas Do (dough). He knows my number and email.

Thank you

Thats alot of money

Bad deal man

and it sounds like it couldn't come at a worse time hope everything works out for you and thanks for the heads up.

fastandsneaky

honestly its not about the money anymore. There are a lot more important things than money. And it was my tax return so its not worrying me to bad but i called him at least 3 times on my phone and no answer over 3 days. Then I called with my mom's phone and he called back but when my mom gave me the phone he hung up and didn't answer again. I just want a little respect. Im pretty sure my bank will clear this up but I would still like to hear an explanation.

I've only been on here for a few months and I've read multiple horror stories like this.. bout time nano-reef implemented a seller rating.

fastandsneaky

I just received an email from John:

"Hey thomas,

I'm not ignoring you. I'm away on vacation til aug 4th. I will refund you 1/2 on aug 14th first thing when I get back and the other half on august 12th.

Thanks and sorry for this bad transaction."

My question is should I still file the claim through my bank? or should I wait it out to resolve this peacefully? I dont need it at the moment anyways.

EDIT: I will delete it when things are resolved

I'd start my refund proceedings with my bank,it can always be stopped if he does reund you himself.

I'd agree but from experience the bank would settle and credit within a few days only making things difficult for AA since he (John Hoang) would have to settle w the bank. Hm, maybe that is a good idea.

Makes no sense..."half on aug 14th when he returns the other half on aug 12th". So is he planning to refund half your money before he returns? Why the delay in getting your money back to you? Poor business planning. Customers shouldnt necessarily be inconvenienced when failing to receive goods paid for in advance because of his need to take a vacation. A simple check to you outright for the money he stole would be easy enough...Id do what you can to wrap this up quickly. I wouldnt wait any longer unless you believe that he might actually follow through with the repayment. I checked the BBB and cant seem to find any negative information on his business. Perhaps that should change..

and what sucks is that his prices on his website seem reasonable although the price you paid seems high. Was it custom made? Did you buy an acrylic sump as well?

sorry to hear about the illness in your family. My prayers go out to you and your family.

I would go a head and file the complaint...let him get stuck dealing with the banks. Sorry about the bad timing this had to happen in :(

The BBB sucks. Don't give this guy another day all you have to do is call Chase and tell them they will refund your money within 24 hours and go after him.End of story.

Brad

fastandsneaky

thank you for the responses. i think i will try and wait it out depending on what the bnk says. dont need the money right now anyways and want to finish things on good terms. if bank says that waiting that long wont be problem then another week or 2 wont be that bad.

It sounds as though he is trying to wait until you are past your deadline to file a credit card dispute. May & July had 31 days and he may be waiting for you to be past the 90 day deadline.

I would file the credit card dispute now. He has had more than enough chances and hanging up when you came on the phone shows very poor character. Why would you trust him to refund next month?

If it is past the 90 day deadline, you'll lose and he will keep your money.

I'd definitely set it in motion too!! He was called out on SCNRS once before and things worked out, this particular case is rather extreme though and is causing you a lot of undue stress. Set it in motion with your bank ASAP on monday and then go from there, like said you can always stop the progress of that if things workout, but at least you won't be forfeiting due to being past a particular time frame.

fastandsneaky
black mail thread? nice

Not really a blackmail thread. Everything I have stated is facts and not opinions. This is a feedback thread and yes I asked him to reply to me, and which after I did make these threads he did reply. But since I am not the only one, it is good for people to know, but rest assured if things get resolved people will know and have less doubt of his business ethics.

• 1 year later...

He's on vacation spending your money... Just file a claim and be done with him so you can move on and buy your sump + frag tank from someone who is a respectable businessman.

Archived